Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
About The Role
Tempo is seeking a results-driven, energetic leader as our first retail store manager. In addition to leading and motivating a team of enthusiastic sales specialists, you will be a critical factor in driving sales in our store and growth for our company. As a skillful communicator, planner, and executor, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining operational excellence in one of Tempo’s first retail locations and creating a new ecosystem of customers, brand ambassadors, and partners. If you’re highly motivated, passionate about fitness, and eager to drive impact in your local community, then we would love to meet you!
- Create and drive store culture that embraces Tempo’s mission and values
- Lead interviewing, hiring, and training of new team members with Tempo Recruiting & Business Operations teams
- Open & close store, maintaining operational excellence throughout store hours
- Uphold all store quality standards, policies and procedures, and reporting processes
- Provide direction and supervision to Sales Associates to ensure effective floor operations, successful demos, and positive customer store experiences
- Develop a deep understanding of Tempo’s brand, product, and technology
- Lead conversations to understand each customer’s unique fitness goals/journeys and educate them on how Tempo can empower them to achieve any one of their goals
- Lead Tempo demonstrations with both scheduled and walk-in customers
- Execute Tempo’s retail sales strategy through compelling customer interactions in store, phone and email follow-ups, and social media engagement
- Utilize CRM software to maintain customer information, preferences, and feedback to maximize lead conversion
- Employ KPI reporting to identify opportunities within the sales funnel and coach Sales Associates on best practices to drive sales and brand awareness
- 2+ years of management experience in retail, fitness, service, or hospitality industries
- 2+ years of sales experience (preferably tech or premium products)
- A bachelor’s degree / associate degree
- Experience sourcing, training and managing sales talent
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences that build brand loyalty and deliver exceptional sales results
- Strategic problem solver who is organized, proactive, hardworking, and team-oriented
- Ability to adapt quickly to evolving business needs and execute on changes in strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an enthusiastic and personable professional demeanor
- Flexibility to work a standard retail schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated excitement about fitness and our technology
- Experience working with CRM software, Slack, G Suite, Apple products preferred
- Experience opening a retail store preferred
- Ability to carry boxes 25-30lbs for stock transfers
- Can bend, reach, lift and move stock and products