Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
About The Role
Tempo is seeking a highly driven Data Scientist - Analytics Engineering to support our growing product and business analytics teams. You will work cross-functionally with various stakeholders to build scalable data models, empower teams with data and generate data-driven insights so teams can make informed decisions to improve growth, engagement, and retention of Tempo customers. If you’re passionate about fitness and want to join a fast growing startup, then we would love to meet you!
- Support and own the end-to-end data modeling process - from gathering business requirements to designing data models, raw data ingestion, writing production-quality ELT code, and cleaning and aggregating data using ELT principles
- Maintain and optimize our data models by constantly thinking about what can be improved about the model and incorporating best practices and scalable techniques (e.g. Kimball dimensional modeling)
- Clearly document data models with source, description and field definitions, test cases, for better collaboration and the data end-user experience
- Manage data loading platforms to ensure incoming data are loaded correctly
- Build dashboards and perform ad-hoc analysis to share insights and key metrics with stakeholders
- Contribute to analytics program management efforts, including but not limited to data quality, leading SQL training, BI strategy & tools selection, developing new tools/process to improve data as a product
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in a quantitative or analytical role, preferably with experience in a fast-paced environment (experience developing ETL workflow with SQL preferred)
- Advanced SQL skills; experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, R) is a plus
- Proficiency in designing and building data pipelines and/or using ETL/ELT tools a huge plus
- Some experience with data orchestration and transformation processes
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Mode, Amplitude, or Looker
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, and the ability to visualize and explain complex analyses to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize projects based on business need, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously across multiple stakeholders, and the ability to learn quickly
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employees
- Wellness Benefit