Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to help drive key elements of product, development and execution. This is your opportunity to design and build new products that achieve cost, reliability, safety, and performance goals. You are hands on, have the ability to hack together prototypes, and can execute fast.
Impact you will make:
- Support the mechanical design and architecture for new products
- Ensure mechanical requirements are clearly defined and well-understood across relevant project teams - ID, electrical, manufacturing, operations
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure successful development of new products
- Run feasibility studies and validation testing on new/existing designs
- Provide input in selecting external mechanical vendors and CMs
- Manage mechanical tooling, parts validation, first article inspection with CM partner
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in development of consumer and/or electronics products
- Demonstrable excellence in managing mechanically complex or electro-mechanical projects
- Ability to build prototypes - 3D print, CNC, etc
- Experience with camera systems a plus
- Thorough experience with creating in Solidworks or Unigraphics NX
- Understand of FEA tools (ANSYS) or equivalent
- Experience in thermal analysis and ability communicate design tradeoffs
- Thorough understanding of tooling processes - injection molding, stamping, die-casting, for high volume mass production
- Experience working with CM / JDM / ODM manufacturing partners
- Obsessed with the customer experience
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employees
- Wellness Benefit