Tempo’s mission is to create a healthier world by making personalized fitness training accessible to everyone. It’s the first and only strength training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
Tempo is seeking a Senior Back End Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. You’ll be responsible for architecting and delivering features for Tempo’s back-end systems. Using your expertise in Python, AWS, and Systems Architecture, you will develop robust solutions to manage our data, APIs, live video systems, and other critical back-end features. If you want to work on the latest in machine learning and AI at a fast growing start-up, then we would love to meet you!
- 6+ years of professional software development experience in back-end development roles
- Deep expertise in Python
- Experience with AWS
- Strong knowledge of Devops and general Systems Architecture
- Flask experience is a plus
- Expertise in scaling back-end applications and services
- Familiarity with Git and Agile best practices
- CI experience (Travic, Circle, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience shipping clean, maintainable code
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with SQL or other relational databases
- Passion for fitness
- Linux programming experience
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Tremendous opportunities for personal growth
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks such as team workouts on Fridays and access to personal trainers
- Opportunity to make a huge impact and define the future of the product