Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
About The Role
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of Tempo platform and applications.
- Design, develop and support tools and libraries as part of Infrastructure Tooling & Automation
- Develop automation tools to support growing infrastructure and provide reporting and APIs for various applications
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with core infrastructure services
- Incubate new ideas that can bring operational efficiency and support scaling of services
- Lead internal working groups to evaluate, adopt and deploy new technology
- Audit software for potential security and performance problems
- Architect and develop conﬁguration management policies
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Participate in a 24x7 rotation for escalations.
- 7+ years of professional software experience in Operations and Reliability Engineering
- Preferred having educational backgrounds in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Computer Science (CS), or Mathematics
- Experience in public cloud solutions like AWS at application setup level and beyond (/GCP)
- Experience working with Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy, and other frameworks
- Experience working at scale with thousands of systems in a DevOps/SRE role
- Experience with conﬁguration management tools (Terraform, Cloudformation etc)
- Python experience, specifically for systems automation.
- Familiar with system hardening and server security best practices.
- Knowledge of most of these: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, APIs and related topics
- Expertise automating system administration tasks with scripting tools (Python or shell preferred).
- Experience with monitoring and automation tools such as DataDog, Sentry, Splunk, Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Aptitude for analyzing and troubleshooting operating system, networking, configuration and performance problems.
- Fundamental understanding of Internet networking protocols: TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, HTTP etc.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain Linux hosts and popular open source applications such as Nginx, Apache HTTPd etc..
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment with short release cycles
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employees
- Wellness Benefit