Tempo is the next-generation home fitness system—and the first and only strength training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time. It captures motion by emitting pulses of infrared light 30 times a second, generating a 3D model of your body made up of 80,000 individual points.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $80 Million in funding from General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
Tempo is seeking a Senior Back End Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. Using your expertise in Python, AWS, and Systems Architecture, you will develop robust solutions to manage our data, APIs, live video systems, and other critical back-end features.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in back-end development roles
- Deep expertise in Python/Flask development
- Experience with AWS
- Strong knowledge of Devops and general Systems Architecture
- Expertise in scaling back-end applications and services
- Familiarity with Git and Agile best practices
- CI experience (Travis, Circle, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience shipping clean, maintainable code
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with SQL or other relational databases
- Passion for fitness
- Linux programming experience