Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories work can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
About The Role
The design systems team at Tempo is taking shape. This team is responsible for bringing a multi-sensory experience to life with our product experiences. This includes our overall visual language, tone of voice & content strategy and the role of motion and sound in delivering a truly delightful at home fitness experience.
The Lead Product Designer role is critical in the foundation of this team. You’ll be helping build the Tempo Design System, working closely with our cross-functional partners, to bring all of our experiences at Tempo, under a common, upleveled visual language & system. The front-end engineering team is a close partner on this work, as we codify our front end experiences across our award winning 42” Tempo Studio, iOS and Android apps.
- Facilitate the evolution of the Tempo design system, its components, patterns and foundational elements like color, typography and motion principles. These will be integrated into Figma, our design tool of choice.
- Collaborate with Designers, Engineers and Product to assess, analyse and plan the roadmap for the design system.
- Draw inspiration from the Tempo brand and constantly look for ways to uplevel the visual language.
- Use a variety of techniques to test your work, including internal and external research
- A solid understanding of Design Tokens, and it’s value in speeding up product design and development
- Documenting UI components, interaction details, visual design specifications
- Your work will help increase designer and developer efficiency. As the Tempo Design team grows, we want to ensure the system is the foundation of the product experience.
- 7+ years of experience designing and delivering comprehensive design systems
- Be comfortable with visioning workshops and storytelling. You are able to articulate design principles, criteria, and guardrails and present solutions visually.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Engineering, Data Analysts, Brand & Marketing, and User Research.
- Customer-centric at every point in your design process. From user research to prototyping and feedback, you place the customer at the heart of every decision you make
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously
- Fluid in Figma
- Have shown a track record of mentoring other designers.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working at a consumer hardware company a big plus
- Passion for fitness a plus
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employee
- Monthly Wellness Benefit