Do you enjoy quality and ensuring features delivered works as intended and are rock solid? Are you all in for automated testing? We are ramping up our engineering team and we want to hear from you!
About the position
We are searching for passionate Test Engineers who can help us lift our highly skilled team. We believe testing is an integral part of the engineering process in an agile context, so you will be a central part of the engineering team and interact daily with the engineers working on features and bug fixes. You will be responsible for designing and implementing tests that ensure the quality and functionality of the Templafy product, but also be part of finding ways to improve our testing efforts in general, including how to ensure fast feedback to engineers through integration of automated tests in an Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline.
How we work
- Teams: Each team consists of 4-6 engineers. Squads are cross-functional, self-organised and free to choose their own process, but most use a flavour of Scrum with a 2-week sprint. We believe in the lean principles - e.g. short feedback cycles, minimising handovers, and therefore each team has full responsibility of the features they own from development to deployment.
- Guilds: Each engineer is part of a couple of guilds. We currently have guilds like DevOps, Cloud, Architecture, Front-end, Security, QA, and Analytics. In guilds, we discuss relevant topics and do proof of concepts. All architectural significant decisions are decided in guilds and applied across services by the guild, ensuring that all code repositories are consistent and use the latest technology and best practices.
- Architecture: We build software using a flavour of microservices called self-contained systems and we practice the principles of Domain Driven Design with Event Driven Architecture. Yet, we still try hard to avoid over-engineered and always strive for the simplest solution possible.
- Test focused: We like to test the code we build, and we have a continuous integration infrastructure in place that runs our tests on every push and notifies the team on Slack if something breaks. Even when we are busy, we do not compromise on quality.
- DevOps mindset: We are cloud first, and everything is hosted in Microsoft Azure. Each team is responsible for deployments and monitoring of their own services. All work is managed through Azure DevOps including backlog management, source control, pull-requests, releases, and testing.
- Automation: We like to automate everything from deployment to setting up new infrastructure. We built a few tools for setting up a local development environment, publish release notes to Wiki and Slack, nudge engineers about stale tasks, branches, and pull-requests. When NPM or NuGet packages are updated a bot automatically creates a pull-requests. All this enables us to do more than 30 daily releases to production on average!
- Design: We have a written coding standard and we follow clean code principles. We develop most of our features using pair programming. Every change is peer-reviewed. We have tools for automatic code clean-up that ensure consistent formatting and structured and fail builds if any rule is violated.
- Tools: We use the best tools available for the job including Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise, ReSharper, Visual Studio Code, JetBrains Rider, Slack, Zoom, Git, Azure DevOps, Microsoft Azure, Docker Desktop, WSL2, SonarQube, Cypress, etc.
- Learning: We believe in lifelong learning and encourage everyone to read books, go to conferences, take courses, and certifications. We want to invest in everyone’s personal and professional development, and therefore we provide the necessary resources to support this. Every sprint we have internal Tech Talks and from time to time we also host and speak at
- Flexible: We have distributed teams across multiple offices and borders. All meetings and work happen online. This gives us freedom to work from home when you have a handyman coming, your child is sick and also enabled us to initiate the necessary measures within a minimal amount of time when COVID-19 hit the world.
Technologies we use
- Backend: .NET, .NET Core, C#, Web API, Entity Framework, VSTO, etc.
- Frontend: React, Redux, TypeScript, CRA, Sass, yarn, WPF, etc.
- Testing: Cypress, TypeScript, etc.
- Hosting: 100% Azure, Web Apps, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Azure SQL, Azure Service Bus, Application Insights, Azure Data Lake, etc..
- What you bring in: We are not afraid of new technologies, and are hosting internal tech-sessions to discuss these and how they can make sense in our product.
You have 5-7 years of experience with automated testing of web applications in an Agile process. You have a good understanding of structure and architecture which enables you to identify room for improvement in the testing and QA field.
You are highly quality-oriented and passionate about staying on top of new technologies. You always stay up to date on what happens in the world of automated testing, and like to experiment with new ways of doing things, and new technologies related to testing.
Also, we would prefer if you have experience with integration of automated tests into a Continous Integration or Continuous Deployment pipeline (Experience with Azure Piplines is a plus).
- Work closely with a department of more than 50 talented software developers, testers, and the rest of the business, all of whom are passionate about helping to create international success.
- Work with new technology and agile development processes.
- Work on a product that is an essential part of hundreds of thousands of users' daily workflow.
- Competitive salary and pension.
- Family friendly environment and office hours.
- Bi-annual company events and a Friday bar on the first Friday of every month and board game events after work.
All in all, at Templafy you’ll get a combination of stable working conditions, great colleagues, and genuine entrepreneurship in an equal opportunity workplace.
Our team is growing continuously. As part of the job interview, we will invite you to take a coding challenge, and afterwards you will have to take part in an online session which consists of two parts:
- Theoretical - where you will discuss generic approaches and processes in the software testing industry based on your experience.
- Practical – where you will be asked to pair program an automated test with Cypress and TypeScript (over a screensharing session). We will then discuss along the way techniques, structure and best practices directly on the code we will be writing. We will provide the tooling and a playground environment.
Templafy is pioneering the content enablement category and defining the future of work by helping companies worldwide accelerate the business performance of content. Our platform allows companies to align workforces and effortlessly govern content while supporting teams and employees as they create on-brand, high-performing business content – like documents, presentations, and emails, faster. Templafy supports over 2.8M users and enables over 600 enterprise customers such as KPMG, IKEA, and BDO.
Founded in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 2014, Templafy's success is built by our 60+ employee nationalities found at offices in New York, Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Eindhoven, and Sydney. We believe when people feel they belong, have a voice, and feel heard, they are happier and perform better, and that way, everyone wins. Our innovation, diversity, and unique product have raised over $125 million in funding from Insight Venture Partners, Dawn Capital, and Blue Cloud Ventures. The future of work relies on content enabled by Templafy.
Daily communication is in English. You will be working in our Berlin office located in Tiergarten district - Lützowstraße 100, very well available by public transport, where we offer a great and supportive work environment with amazing colleagues. Templafy offers a daily ordered lunch which we have together in our kitchen. We have many learning & development opportunities in various fields, including German classes.
If you want to know more read this insider’s view of Life as a Senior Software Engineer at Templafy, or have a look at this video from our self-hosted 3 days Templafy Ignite conference 2019. The 2020 conference is postponed until circumstances permits it. If you would like to know more about what we are working on these days look watch this Templafy platform 2020 preview.
Templafy is a workplace of belongingness. To us this means that you have a voice, you dare to speak up, and your voice is heard. We focus on offering an environment that allows all employees to feel that they belong regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or other status.