Do you enjoy working with the latest technologies to create rock-solid and highly available systems in the cloud? Would you like to help us implement SRE practices to take our enterprise-class product to the next level? Are you ready to join the winner of Nordic startup of the year? We are ramping up our team and we want to hear from you!
About the position
We are searching for Site Reliability Engineers who can service and optimize our cloud environments for our products. We believe in DevOp, so you will be part of the Engineering organization and work closely together with engineers and spend a significant part of your time on engineering tasks related to automation of infrastructure.
You will be responsible for ensuring a highly available and secure environment, monitoring of systems, capacity planning, cost optimization, disaster recovery and emergency response.
We take pride in creating a quality product, and our code is made via pair-programming and reviewed via pull-requests. Even when we are busy, we do not compromise on quality.
Startup and entrepreneurship are in our DNA, and the whole business understands that our success depends on our product. Templafy is built as a flat organisation where all employees are heard and are given room to influence the the direction of the product, code and architecture. If you have a great idea, we want to hear it!
We are an international company with more than 40 nationalities and offices in Copenhagen, Berlin, Eindhoven, New York and Sydney. Daily communication is in English. You'll be working in our Copenhagen office where we offer a great and supportive work environment with amazing colleagues.
How we work
We are heavily inspired by the Spotify Engineering culture, and work in squads and guilds.
- Squads: Each squad consists of 4-6 developers. Squads are self-organised and free to choose their own process, but most use a flavour of Scrum with a 2 weeks sprint. Squads has short feedback cycles, and do multiple daily releases in a fully automated manner. We believe in the lean principles of e.g. minimising handovers, and therefore each squad has full responsibility of the features they own from development to deployment.
- Guilds: All developers are part of a couple of guilds. We currently have guilds like DevOps, Cloud, Architecture, Front-end, Security, QA and Analytics. In guild we discuss relevant topics and do proof of concepts. All architectural significant decisions are decided in guilds and applied across squads.
- Design: We have a written coding standard and we follow clean code principles. We develop most of our features using pair programming. Every change is peer-reviewed.
- Test focused: We like to test the code we build, and we have a continuous integration infrastructure in place that runs our unit test on every push and notifies the team on Slack if something breaks.
- DevOps mindset: We are cloud first, and everything is hosted in Microsoft Azure. Each squad is responsible for deployment and monitoring of their own services. All work is managed through Azure DevOps including backlog management, source control, pull-requests, releases, and testing.
- Architecture: We build software using the flavour of microservices called self-contained Systems and we practice the principles of Domain Driven Design with Event Driven Architecture. Yet we still have strong opinions that software should not be over-engineered and always strive for the simplest solution possible.
- Tools: We use the best tools available for the job including Visual Studio 2019, ReSharper, Visual Studio Code, JetBrains Rider, Slack, Zoom, Git, Azure DevOps, Microsoft Azure, Docker, SonarQube, Cypress, etc.
- Learning: We believe in lifelong learning and encourage everyone to read books, go to conferences, and take courses. We want to invest in everyone’s future development, and so we make the necessary resources available to support this. From time to time we also host meetups.
- Flexible: We have strongly distributed team across multiple offices and boarders. All meetings and work happen online. This gives us a lot of freedom for remote work and flexibility when e.g. your child is sick, or you need to stay home.
Technologies we use
- Backend: .NET, .NET Core, C#, Web API, Entity Framework, VSTO, etc.
- Frontend: React, Redux, TypeScript, CRA, Sass, yarn, WPF, etc.
- Hosting: 100% Azure, Web Apps, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Azure SQL, Azure Service Bus, Application Insights, Azure Data Lake, etc..
- What you bring in: We are not afraid of new technologies, and are hosting internal tech-sessions to discuss these and how they can make sense in our product.
- Work closely with a department of more than 35 talented software developers, testers, and the rest of the business, all of whom are passionate about helping to create international success.
- Work with new technology and agile development processes.
- Work on a product that is an essential part of hundreds of thousands of users' daily workflow.
- Competitive salary and pension.
- Family friendly environment and office hours.
- Bi-annual company events and a Friday bar on the first Friday of every month and board game events after work.
All in all, at Templafy you’ll get a combination of stable working conditions, great colleagues, and genuine entrepreneurship in an equal opportunity workplace.
We expect that you
- have broad experience with servicing high-volume or critical production service environments hosted in the cloud, preferably Azure
- are comfortable with Kubernetes and have a good understanding of how it works, and can configure, maintain and monitor Kubernetes clusters
- strongly believe in automating as much as possible (infrastructure-as-code) and have the software engineering skills to achieve it.
We would like that you
- have a background in network engineering or system administration.
We are hiring continuously as our team is growing constantly. As part of the job interview, you will be asked to join some hands-on exercises as well as cultural interviews.
Templafy is a fast-growing SaaS company with global operations, based in Copenhagen. We have a growing customer base of global enterprises with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin, and New York. We are the proud 2018 winners of the Danish and Nordic Startup Award, and now is an exciting time to join our international team of almost 200 colleagues with more than 40 different nationalities.
If you want to get an insider’s view of life in Templafy, take a look at our Inside Templafy posts here: https://www.templafy.com/blog/topic/the-world-of-templafy