Do you love clean code and beautiful architecture? Do you like shipping the highest quality products? Are you ready to join the winner of Nordic startup of the year 2018? We are ramping up our team and we want to hear from you!
About the position
We are searching for passionate developers who can help us lift our highly skilled engineering team. You will be a central part of the development of our product and have a say in choosing technologies, tools, and architecture of new product features.
We take pride in creating a quality product, and our code is made via pair-programming and reviewed via pull-requests. Even when we are busy, we do not compromise on quality. If this is a tech stack that you would like to work with and if you enjoy turning simple and readable code into complete solutions that are used by a million users daily around the globe, then Templafy is the place to be!
How we work
We are inspired by the Spotify Engineering culture and work in squads and guilds.
- Squads: Each squad consists of 4-6 engineers. Squads are cross-functional, self-organised and free to choose their own process, but most use a flavour of Scrum with a 2-week sprint. We believe in the lean principles - e.g. short feedback cycles, minimising handovers, and therefore each squad has full responsibility of the features they own from development to deployment.
- Guilds: Each engineer is part of a couple of guilds. We currently have guilds like DevOps, Cloud, Architecture, Front-end, Security, QA, and Analytics. In guilds, we discuss relevant topics and do proof of concepts. All architectural significant decisions are decided in guilds and applied across services by the guild, ensuring that all code repositories are consistent and use the latest technology and best practices.
- Architecture: We build software using a flavour of microservices called self-contained systems and we practice the principles of Domain Driven Design with Event Driven Architecture. Yet, we still try hard to avoid over-engineered and always strive for the simplest solution possible.
- Test focused: We like to test the code we build, and we have a continuous integration infrastructure in place that runs our tests on every push and notifies the team on Slack if something breaks. Even when we are busy, we do not compromise on quality.
- DevOps mindset: We are cloud first, and everything is hosted in Microsoft Azure. Each squad is responsible for deployments and monitoring of their own services. All work is managed through Azure DevOps including backlog management, source control, pull-requests, releases, and testing.
- Automation: We like to automate everything from deployment to setting up new infrastructure. We built a few tools for setting up a local development environment, publish release notes to Wiki and Slack, nudge engineers about stale tasks, branches, and pull-requests. When NPM or NuGet packages are updated a bot automatically creates a pull-requests. All this enables us to do more than 30 daily releases to production on average!
- Design: We have a written coding standard and we follow clean code principles. We develop most of our features using pair programming. Every change is peer-reviewed. We have tools for automatic code clean-up that ensure consistent formatting and structured and fail builds if any rule is violated.
- Tools: We use the best tools available for the job including Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise, ReSharper, Visual Studio Code, JetBrains Rider, Slack, Zoom, Git, Azure DevOps, Microsoft Azure, Docker Desktop, WSL2, SonarQube, Cypress, etc.
- Learning: We believe in lifelong learning and encourage everyone to read books, go to conferences, take courses, and certifications. We want to invest in everyone’s personal and professional development, and therefore we provide the necessary resources to support this. Every sprint we have internal Tech Talks and from time to time we also host and speak at
- Flexible: We have distributed teams across multiple offices and borders. All meetings and work happen online. This gives us freedom to work from home when you have a handyman coming, your child is sick and also enabled us to initiate the necessary measures within a minimal amount of time when COVID-19 hit the world.
Technologies we use
- Backend: .NET, .NET Core, C#, Web API, Entity Framework, VSTO, etc.
- Frontend: React, Redux, TypeScript, CRA, Sass, yarn, WPF, etc.
- Hosting: 100% Azure, Web Apps, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Azure SQL, Azure Service Bus, Application Insights, Azure Data Lake, etc..
- What you bring in: We are not afraid of new technologies, and are hosting internal tech-sessions to discuss these and how they can make sense in our product.
You have a broad experience with .NET, C# and Web Development. You are a structured, responsible, open-minded team player who takes initiative.
Your assignments depend on your skills and personal aspirations. Our tasks include everything from the development of our WebApp, integration to external systems, development of our API, development of Windows Apps, integration to Office and Office 365, as well as deployment and DevOps tasks.
- Work closely with a department of more than 40 talented engineers and the rest of our business, all of whom are passionate about helping to create international success.
- Work with new technology and agile development processes.
- Work on a product that is an essential part of a million users daily workflow.
- Competitive salary and pension.
- Family-friendly environment and office hours.
- Yearly conference budget for each engineer.
- Annual company event, a Friday bar on the first Friday of every month.
All in all, at Templafy you will get a combination of stable working conditions, great colleagues, and genuine entrepreneurship in an equal opportunity workplace.
Our team is growing continuously. As part of the job interview, we will invite you to take a coding challenge, and afterwards you will attend two technical interviews, including a pair-programming session demonstrating your technical knowledge and coding skills on the .NET platform.
Templafy is a successful fast growing SaaS company with global operations. We are passionate about improving document creation processes and workflows and are continuously advancing our product to best serve our customers. We are first to market in our space and have established a leading reputation with a growing customer base of global enterprises. Our innovation and unique product have raised over $60 million in funding from Insight Venture Partners and Dawn Capital, and our recent acquisitions have included the companies iWRITER and Napp. We have offices in Copenhagen, Eindhoven, Berlin, New York and Sydney. We are growing fast, with an international team of over 250 colleagues who represent almost 50 nationalities. Templafy is an exciting, fast-paced and enthusiastic workplace where every day presents new challenges.
Startup and entrepreneurship are in our DNA, and the whole business understands that our success depends on our product. Templafy is built as a flat organisation where all employees are heard and are given room to influence the direction of the product, code, and architecture. If you have a great idea, we want to hear it!
Daily communication is in English. You will be working in our Berlin office located in Tiergarten district - Lützower Strasse 100, very well available by public transport, where we offer a great and supportive work environment with amazing colleagues. Templafy offers a daily ordered lunch which we have together in our kitchen. We have many learning & development opportunities in various fields and besides are offering German classes.
If you want to know more read this insider’s view of Life as a Senior Software Engineer at Templafy, or have a look at this video from our self-hosted 3 days Templafy Ignite conference 2019. The 2020 conference is postponed until circumstances permits it. If you would like to know more about what we are working on these days look watch this Templafy platform 2020 preview.