Our platform is a digital billboard where entrepreneurs in retail and hospitality can put open shifts online. FreeFlexers are able to reply to it and are thus empowered to determine when, where and for which fee they’ll work. Since 2016 Temper has developed itself from a fully founder-built, and founder product-managed platform to a technical organisation that holds over 20 engineers, partly based in Amsterdam and partly based in Sri Lanka. The team is still growing rapidly.
This is what you are going to do
The business is growing rapidly and we need to prepare the Android App for the big expansion of the app. We think this is a rare opportunity to help shape shape the future of our Apps. You'll be able to really put your mark on our products.
- You'll work on taking the mobile apps at Temper to the next level.
- You’ll research, innovate and implement your ideas.
- You're part of the Mobile Engineering team and your ask and give feedback to fellow mobile engineers.
This is what we expect before you start
Here is an impression of what characteristics and skills we believe you should have
- A passion for mobile development and a strong understanding of the Android ecosystem and its design patterns
- Eagerness to learn
- Good problem-solving abilities
- The ability to work autonomously on projects and take full responsibility for them
- Highly analytical and curious mind, continually looking out for new technologies and innovations
- Experience with test driven development
- 4+ years of experience shipping high-quality software
- Experience with SCM, preferably Git
- Open-source contributions or open source projects on Github are a big plus
- Experience with and deep understanding of CI / CD
- Fluent proficiency in English
- Passion for writing clean architecture and easily-testable code
- Affinity with all things mobile development. If you have worked with the iOS SDK this is a big plus.
- Strong Java / Kotlin and Android SDK development skills
- Strong knowledge of RxJava or equivalent techniques
- An example project with Kotlin and RxJava or equivalent is highly preferred and a plus
- Strong understanding of the Android ecosystem and its design patterns
This is what we expect when you start
Be a boss: Take ownership, make decisions with courage and act in a way that is going to create the best you.
Get together: We are a family and take on challenges together. Trust your colleagues and listen to them. When we succeed, we party.
Make the magic happen: Do you have a good new idea? Go for it, although it might seem crazy. Take small steps and act quick.
This is why you should apply for this challenge
We know there are plenty of jobs out there for talented people. This is why we think you should apply for this job over others.
- We're in a great phase where you will have huge impact on the future of our Android development
- Our product is having huge positive effect on people's everyday lives! We are enabling people to take more control over their lives. It's incredible to hear how people changed their lives because of our platform.
- This will be one hell of a ride! We're about to expand to different verticals and countries soon.
Why working for us is exciting
- Flexible working hours: we concentrate on output, we don’t look at what time you start or end your day or where you are.We expect you to figure out when to work from home and when to be at the office.
- Tooling: The tools you think you'll need to get your best work done.
- International: Being part of an extremely vibrant and ambitious Dutch scale-up.
It is our mission to make the labour more flexible, worldwide. Yep, that's a huge ambition. To make it happen, we need strong proactive colleagues. Do you get excited by our mission and do you want to help us reach this goal with lots of love and energy? We’ll see you very soon!