Telnyx is a global connectivity platform and partner that powers carrier-grade services on an in-house built, private, cloud-agnostic IP network. We power voice, messaging, video, wireless, numbering, fax, security, and networking solutions for businesses all around the world. Whether we’re processing mission-critical communications, hosting enterprise-grade contact centers, or powering simple in-app messaging and calling, our APIs make secure, high-fidelity connectivity the new standard. We’re working to democratize worldwide access to real-time communications over the internet.
We are looking for a senior sw Engineer with Mobile Telecoms experience with a passion for the industry and its opportunities, particularly in the IoT market. You are familiar with 3GPP specifications and you are an excellent problem solver with a strong bias for collaboration and rapid, iterative development.
The opportunity is within the Core Wireless team which is responsible for the design, development, deployment and maintenance of all mobile network infrastructure elements and associated backend and front end applications.
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Telnyx’s Wireless stack
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues across roaming partners globally.
- Have multiple years of diverse professional software development experience with more than one programming language or platform. E.g. Go, Erlang, Elixir etc.
- Passion for robustness and correctness. Practical skills in automated testing.
- Understanding of relational databases, SQL.
- Knowledge of mobile wireless systems and protocols
Who we’re looking for:
- Innate curiosity.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Willingness to learn and apply new knowledge to solve problems.
- Experience with IoT platforms and mobile network systems and protocols.
- Experience in the design and implementation of commercial IoT/M2M solutions
- Experience with multi-vendor IPX connectivity
Bonus points for
- Familiarity with message queues like RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with more exotic databases/key-value stores such as ETS.
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, Jenkins, Prometheus.
- Basics of web front-end.
Bring Your Authentic Self to Telnyx
Telnyx is committed to building a team full of diverse perspectives, various backgrounds and different minds. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to building a culture where difference is valued and creating avenues of equity for underserved groups. While we are still a work in progress, we are actively seeking folks who are passionate about building a place of belonging for everyone.
How we work
We’re a connectivity and networking leader, with industry experts and engineers who have built our cloud-agnostic platform in-house, from the ground up. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We’re an enterprise-grade conversation enabler, powering the global, enriched, multi-channel communications that today’s customers demand.
We're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We believe in transparency, proactivity, and mutual respect. We provide the high-grade tools that help you do your best work, and keep up the collaborative habits that help everyone stay in the loop. No matter where you're based or which team you’re on, you’re plugged in, supported, and helping to shape the future of communications.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives, rigorous thinkers and assumption challengers. Are you ready to join us?