Telnyx is a global communications platform and partner that powers carrier-grade services on an in-house built, private, cloud-agnostic IP network. We power voice, messaging, video, wireless, numbering, fax, security, and networking solutions for businesses all around the world. Whether we’re processing mission-critical communications, hosting enterprise-grade contact centers, or powering simple in-app messaging and calling, our APIs make secure, high-fidelity connectivity the new standard. We’re working to democratize worldwide access to real-time communications over the internet.
We are seeking a Product Designer to build self-service experiences for our products so that developers can have a frictionless and intuitive onboarding experience on the platform. You are an ideal candidate if your research is driven by the need to understand how to build phenomenal products that make other people successful, and your design decisions are guided by a deep empathy for Telnyx's large developers community as they build, debug and operate their Telnyx applications. You will work in close partnership with the SVP of Self-Serve experience, Product Managers and members of the Developer Relations and Analytics teams at Telnyx.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams in an agile environment to solve the most important customer problems effectively and efficiently. Breakdown complex problems, brainstorm and test hypotheses, and iterate reasonably through multiple stages of product launch to design exceptional product experiences.
- Synthesize requirements from product teams and other internal stakeholders into high-fidelity prototypes for consumption by frontend engineers. Understand and differentiate between customer needs and goals, and design product workflows that empower users to leverage Telnyx services and that unlock their potential.
- Participate in product discussions that propel teams towards achieving the company’s OKRs and the product’s KPIs, and lead product critique sessions to deliver consistent and intuitive web-interfaces that enable users to navigate complexity on the platform. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- Support the development of the product vision and advance the self-serve experience on our products while brainstorming new ways to engage our growing developer community. Partner with the Analytics team to map user journey, identify areas of friction and potential design improvements, and analyze the impact of your design decisions for continuous enhancements to user-experience.
- Be transparent and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the design process. Proactively seek inputs from a diverse group of stakeholders and do not hesitate to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers at all levels. Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards.
You may be a fit if you have:
- 3+ years of industry experience with relevant background through past work in designing software interfaces or related degree(s) and/or credentials.
- Hands-on experience with design workflow that comprises ideation, research, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision-makers, and collaborative handoffs with engineers.
- Proven technical product thinking and a deep understanding of user-centered design methodologies demonstrable by a portfolio of work that is clean, usable, simple and mapped to the needs and goals of the target user-personas, and that clearly showcases your design responsibilities.
- Experience designing and evolving web-based services and/or application software in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using creative and prototyping tools such as Figma and/or Sketch.
- Passionate about staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends in design and research methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple projects and switch priorities when the business requires.
How we work
Telnyx is a diverse, inclusive organization focused on solving problems, building intelligently, and documenting our logic. We’re a CPaaS and networking leader, with industry experts and engineers who have built our cloud-agnostic platform in-house, from the ground up. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We’re an enterprise-grade conversation enabler, powering the global, enriched, multi-channel communications that today’s customers demand.
We're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We believe in transparency, proactivity, and mutual respect. We provide the high-grade tools that help you do your best work, and keep up the collaborative habits that help everyone stay in the loop. No matter where you're based or which team you’re on, you’re plugged in, supported, and helping to shape the future of communications.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) for full-time and contract employees
- Annual professional development budget
- Volunteer Days
- Top-notch equipment
- Fitness & wellness stipend
- Monthly home cleaning stipend
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives, rigorous thinkers and assumption challengers. Are you ready to join us?