Sim Card Engineer
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication. The wireless team is responsible for Telnyx’s cellular IoT product offering. As a SIM Card Engineer, you will build and expand our current wireless SIM card product offering to serve more use cases at a global scale
Telnyx is looking for a SIM Card Engineer who will be responsible for looking after all SIM card profiles for testing including related network settings to make sure that all products delivered for testing or for production meet the expected quality standards. This SIM Card Engineer will be an integral part of our next phase of growth; responsible for providing direction and establishing the best practices that will define the integrity of our wireless product as we scale. They must have solid communication skills to work effectively with the wireless engineering team as well as third party vendors. Those that are self-motivated and thrive working with a team in a fast-paced environment are best suited for this role.
In This Role
- You will work with SIM manufacturers and related vendors to manage and further enhance Telnyx SIM card capabilities.
- Review, modify, develop and validate SIM card configurations as per best practices and customer requirements.
- Secure product specifications, test and certify new SIM cards, and ensure compliance for all new SIM card product introductions.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on SIM card capabilities.
- Conduct ordering, invoicing, inventory tracking, and provisioning functions with a high degree of accuracy.
You May Be Fit For This Role
- Experience managing vendor relationships and working with SIM manufacturers.
- Engineering Degree in Information Technology, Electronics or Telecommunication.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years working experience in smart card environment or in telecommunication with strong technical background in telecom, smart card and security.
- Knowledge of industry standards (3GPP 11.11, 11.12, 11.18, ISO 7816, ETSI 102 671 MFF2, JEDEC, etc).
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; ability to focus and execute in a rapidly changing environment, take charge and make things happen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven project management skills are also a must.
- Candidates with a software developer background or QA experience in software or telecommunications is a bonus.
- Knowledge of Over the Air (OTA) SIM card change management techniques is a bonus.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.