At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication. The Python Integration Engineer is a critical member of the Growth Engineering & Developer Relations Team, partnering with stakeholders to develop and maintain 3rd party tools (Zapier, StackStorm Exchange) and backend automation tools (Airflow).
As a Python Integration Engineer, you are a motivated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for technology. You ruthlessly automate repetitive tasks and have an intuition to which tasks are easily scalable.
In This Role You Will
- Own the Python developer experience for Telnyx. Including SDK development, documentation, sample applications, and integrations.
- Create feature rich integrations to tools such as Zapier, StackStorm Exchange, Airflow, etc.. to allow customers to quickly get up and running with minimal effort.
- Create CI/CD pipelines for testing, linting, and releasing SDKs and open source tools.
- Keep a pulse on the open source Python libraries and manage pull-requests and issues.
- Create tooling and automations for marketing, sales, and growth engineering teams.
- Provide implementation, design, and usage support including best practices for complex customer implementations.
- Provide guidance, technical expertise, and training to Telnyx team members for areas such as API usage/implementation, software development kit (SDK) utilization, and overall software implementation fundamentals.
- Review internal knowledge to stay current on industry shifts and standards.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- 3+ years experience with software development and concepts (e.g. Python, Java, C#).
- Deep knowledge of API technologies/techniques REST and/or other web services.
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins, Github Actions, and others.
- Consider yourself a polyglot programmer and always interested in learning more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Information Technology (IT) or equivalent technical work experience.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to assess problems and explain solutions.
What We Value
- Previous experience in software Integration Engineering, Technical Support, or Sales Engineering.
- Previous experience building out a product or proof of concept with CPaaS APIs.
- Knowledge of VoIP protocols, networking, and telecommunication industry standards is helpful.
- Understanding of common debugging tools (webhook testing, postman, ‘debug’ tools).
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.