You are excited to join a dedicated, energetic and fast-growing global team as a Cloud Security Operations Engineer. As a part of the Telnyx Cloud Security Operations team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and routine monitoring of all security in a public clouds (GCP, AWS, Azure, IBM) operation as well as with the integrations between that environment and other security systems including enterprise SIEM, EDR and vulnerability management.
You will also develop the process and procedure for tier-1 security personnel to be able to respond to initial security alerts while also acting as the main contact for event escalations. In addition, you will assist in identifying, analyzing, and influencing company management of security risks across the organization based on observed practices, events, logs and collected threat intelligence.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Researching, analyzing and assessing threats and risks in a containerized public cloud environment; designing, developing and implementing security controls, in tandem with Infrastructure teams, to mitigate those risks.
- Take an active role in the configuration and maintenance of a diverse range of security tools, with a focus on cloud environments
- Performing day-to-day monitoring of container vulnerability management systems, assessing threat levels of detected issues and working with product teams to remediate them within established service levels.
- Designing and implementing automated security processes and controls to increase operational effectiveness and to reduce manual processes.
- Interfacing with infrastructure and other teams throughout the organization with the objective to provide high quality and low friction, security operations services and compliance with internal and regulatory security standards
- Preparing and documenting standard operating procedures.
- Acting as part of the incident response team providing troubleshooting, analysis and forensics when needed.
- Share knowledge on secure practices within the rest of the organisation.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- 5+ years of experience in cloud security or related areas.
- Demonstrable experience designing and building security controls for public cloud environments.
- Firm understanding of, and experience with, DevOps, SRE and SDLC methods, tooling, processes, procedures and the security needs around them.
- Practical experience managing and securing containers using tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with automation tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- Understanding of logging solutions such as Elastic Logstash, Graylog & syslog
- Hand on, and in depth, *NIX experience including CentOS/RedHat and Debian/Ubuntu
- Strong understanding of Linux PAM and SSH management
- Firm understanding of PKI & encryption technology, especially SSL/TLS.
- Experience with federated authentication services including SAML, OAuth and/or OpenID.
- Software Defined Network experience (Layers 2 & 3 including routing protocols).
- Understand, and be able to work with, global schedules that often require non-traditional, and non-US, working hours.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunnelling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.