This position is global*
We are a next-generation telecoms provider, headquartered in Chicago, IL and Dublin, Ireland. We are a registered tier 1 carrier and have built a private global IP network for high-quality calls, messaging, and data that can be configured via a self-service portal and API.
The legacy public telephone network is limited and static. Our vision and mission is universal internet-enabled communications. We empower our users to be their own carriers and build quality communication services that leverage our global infrastructure.
This is an incredibly challenging and exciting role.
It is challenging because Telnyx messaging backend system is complex. It is a federation of services deployed under a multi-cloud multi-site paradigm to ensure a high degree of availability and redundancy. The technical product manager must grasp system architecture, message flow, and monitoring & alerting very quickly to become effective.
The role is also exciting because the messaging landscape is changing towards one that's increasing omni-channel. Businesses and enterprises find greater efficacy in delivering branded and trusted messages than the traditional SMS. We've already secured key partners to start building our omni-channel API. One of those partners is Google's Rich Communication Service (RCS, https://jibe.google.com/). Typically for new channel integration, the messaging PM:
- studies the technical documentation,
- goes through the exercise of setting up a PoC integrations,
- troubleshoots issues with partner's support team,
- discovers and documents the API’s unexpected behaviors,
- demonstrates the PoC integrations internally
- prototypes the user workflow within the Telnyx messaging product
- works with other PMs to identify intersquad dependencies
- works with a Product Marketing Manager to craft the user facing documentation and launch plan
- and finally, creates JIRA tickets for implementation and shepherded the project daily.
You will play a key role in defining the omni-product requirement and its release plan.
More generally, in this role, you will:
- Partner with your engineering peers and other PMs to ensure we add business value and deliver what we promise, while keeping in line with our technical strategy and best practices
- Synthesize requirements from customers and internal stakeholders into coherent Product Requirement Documents
- Translate company goals and customer insights into a team roadmap and evaluate the squad performance via OKRs
- Act as subject matter expert and point of contact for your product
- Perform technical discoveries and vetting on external integrations
- Break down large initiatives to deliver value quickly and reliably
- Extensively test the features before giving them to the users
- Be on hand during outages to drive their resolution and conduct post-mortems to prevent future occurrences
What we value:
- A technical background through past experience or your degree/s and/or credentials
- Demonstrated ability to discover context when little is given or provided for
- Demonstrated ability to break down a large problem and optimize solutions around incremental delivery
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited resources, juggle multiple projects, and switch priorities when the business requires
- Demonstrated ability to deal with crisis and incidents
- Demonstrated ability to navigate a relatively flat organization and interface with users, engineers, internal stakeholders, and executives