At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication. The Developer Support Engineer (API) is a critical member of the Developer Relations Team, partnering with customers to ensure they are using Telnyx’s products and services to maximum effect in the service of their end-users’ needs.
The Developer Support Engineer (API) will be a primary source of knowledge for customers during the onboarding process and will act as a consultant, guide, and guru for complex API integration questions. This team member will also assist as a second-level escalation for API integration questions from existing customers. In this role, the team member will incorporate lessons-learned from customer interactions and (in conjunction with organizational leaders) work to improve the internal and customer-facing training and documentation. The role is more than just an “integration engineer”, you will be continuously listening to developers’ feedback and improving the overall developer experience of Telnyx.
As a Developer Support Engineer, you are a motivated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for technology. You are a problem solver looking for a challenge in a dynamic work environment. You will function as the voice of Telnyx to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for Telnyx’s API products. You value debugging tools and breakpoints more than “prints and console.logs”. You’re familiar with setting up IDEs to dive deep into source code to isolate and fix issues.
In This Role You Will
- Provide implementation, design, and usage support including best practices for complex customer implementations.
- Provide API guidance, coaching, and technical expertise to all customers (big and small) throughout their customer lifecycle.
- Provide guidance, technical expertise, and training to Telnyx team members for areas such as API usage/implementation, software development kit (SDK) utilization, and overall software implementation fundamentals.
- Provide prioritized feedback to product teams about the feature and functionality enhancement needs as well as feedback on the effectiveness of the API documentation.
- Share customer and internal pain-points with the Product, Customer Experience, and Technology teams.
- Contribute to both internal and external technical documentation to ensure API stakeholders have first in class documentation at their fingertips when interacting with the Telnyx API.
- Review internal knowledge to stay current on industry shifts and standards.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- 3+ years experience with software development and concepts (e.g. Python, Java, C#).
- Deep knowledge of API technologies/techniques REST and/or other web services.
- Experience supporting products that rely on APIs and Web Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Information Technology (IT) or equivalent technical work experience.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to assess problems and explain solutions.
What We Value
- Previous experience in software Integration Engineering, Technical Support, or Sales Engineering.
- Previous experience building out a product or proof of concept with CPaaS APIs.
- Knowledge of VoIP protocols, networking, and telecommunication industry standards is helpful.
- Understanding of common debugging tools (webhook testing, postman, ‘debug’ tools).
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.