This position is global
The Mission Control team sits squarely at the intersection of software engineering and product design. Self service is at the core of what Telnyx does - both from an API and self-service portal standpoint.
The Mission Control team's job is to ensure Telnyx’s product offerings have a consistent, modern, and compelling product experience. This will involve both an eye for a world-class frontend user experiences as well as a top-notch developer experience. The team is in charge of making sure that our API standards are maintained across products while also working with product designers and other PMs to ensure that the UX within our self service Mission Control portal is frictionless and intuitive. This role will lead the work of a cross functional team (think user research, data analytics, technical writing, developer advocacy, etc) to make data driven decisions, influence roadmaps, and evangelize for an improved product experience across Telnyx. Your days may include prototyping a new Telnyx product, writing a new API standard, performing user research, tweaking some documentation, or working with product designers to improve our portal UX.
We are seeking an Associate Product Manager with a passion for building world class product experiences. One with a need to understand and build empathy with Telnyx's extensive base of users, customers and diverse personas as they build, debug and operate their Telnyx applications. You are driven by building phenomenal products that make other people successful.
In this role you will
- Translate company goals and customer insights into a team strategy and roadmap for product adoption in the Mission Control portal and API.
- Synthesize requirements from customers and internal stakeholders into coherent Product Requirement Documents.
- Create best-in-class interfaces that enable users to navigate complexity.
- Help design and build industry standard RESTful APIs to empower users to leverage Telnyx services.
- Act as subject matter expert and point of contact for your product - the API and portal.
- Lead collaboration between engineering, design, data science and customer-facing teams.
- Break down large initiatives to deliver value quickly and reliably.
- Extensively test features before giving them to the users.
You may be a fit if you have
- A technical background through past experience or your degree/s and/or credentials.
- Experience working across all phases of the SDLC and understand both the excitement and challenges that developers face at each phase.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited resources, juggle multiple projects, and switch priorities when the business requires.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with crisis and incidents.
- Technical skills e.g., ability to gain an in-depth understanding of software systems, build robust API integrations, make meaningful contributions to high-stakes discussions on data modeling or software architecture, etc.
- Experience shipping products in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.