We’re looking for a Mobile App Engineer to work on our Android Voice & Video SDKs, that enable our customers to add real-time communications into their apps. Telnyx’s SDKs are building blocks from which customers create voice, video and data applications of the future, leveraging our world-wide network for the highest quality real-time streaming. This role is for a seasoned engineer looking for an experience leading native mobile efforts at a fast-paced startup.
In This Role You Will
- Lead Telnyx Android projects, starting with our Voice and Video SDKs.
- Collaborate with telephony and web developers to create Android SDKs with a laser focus on developer experience.
- Make improvements to Android projects based on early adopters feedback.
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality.
- Create sample applications and work with our Sales Engineers to display Voice and Video applications to potential customers.
- Learn the technology behind voice and video calls and how to use it to enable applications that connect people through our world-wide private network.
You’d Be A Good Fit If You Have
- Experience working on challenging Android projects in an agile environment, using Kotlin or Java.
- Published Android open-source libraries.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making, knowing when to move fast and when to long-term optimize.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, product-driven environment.
- You keep up to date with the latest Android technologies and patterns, and enjoy sharing what you’ve learned.
- You’re interested in creating proof of concepts with cutting edge technologies.
- You’re willing to learn the telephony technology behind voice and video calls.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omnichannel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications, and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.