As a Product Support Engineer, you are a motivated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for technology. You will work closely with our operations and engineering squads, triaging and troubleshooting frequent cases. Communication skills, flexibility and a desire to learn are essential, as well as the ability to work on multiple concurrent priorities through chat, tickets and calls.
This is a unique opportunity to join our team and make a difference in a growing, innovative company.
In This Role You Will
- Monitor operational pager alerts in an efficient and timely manner.
- Improve customer self service through better processes and documentation.
- Troubleshoot customer and vendor concerns quickly and efficiently to maintain the highest standards of professional customer service.
- Liaise with your technical peers for resolution of escalated cases.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- Strong customer-focus, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to assess problems and explain solutions.
- Continually looking to solve problems.
- Understand issues and requirements well in order to provide solutions.
- Outgoing and socially interactive.
- A self starter looking to assist at any moment and to take the initiative.
- Balancing daily workload and multi-tasker who can effectively prioritize work.
What We Value
- Experience in a product support/application role.
- Voice over IP experience with the SIP signalling protocol or other related telephony protocols.
- An understanding of general web technologies such as API/SDK's.
- Confidence with technology and the Internet.
- A natural curiosity and experience in applying technology to resolve customer issues.
Technologies We Use
- A variety of languages including Python, Java, Elixir, Scala, Go, Angular, and React.
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, and ElasticSearch.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Docker, Consul, Jenkins, Ansible, Github and Kubernetes.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 product support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omnichannel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications, and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.