As an Infrastructure Engineer at Telnyx, you will empower product development teams to quickly deliver features through the design and operation of a reliable and maintainable cloud agnostic, globally distributed infrastructure platform.
- Design, build, test, deploy and maintain standardized tooling and process automation in an environment where infrastructure is defined in code
- Identify, optimize and resolve issues related to latency, scalability, and performance of core infrastructure
- Support and enhance infrastructure including: CI/CD, DNS, service discovery, identity and access control, auditing, scheduling and orchestration, data persistence, asynchronous messaging, service mesh, zero trust network/ distributed perimeter-less firewall, monitoring, alerting and observability
- Facilitate the measurement and reporting of SLOs, SLIs informed by distributed tracing, metrics, and log aggregation and enable real-time data analysis for auto-scaling, debugging and alerting
- 3+ years of professional software development and infrastructure operations experience
- Expertise in the operation of internet facing Linux based production cloud/virtualized infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge in at least one deployment and orchestration technology (Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad, Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef)
- Familiarity with shell and Python scripting
Nice to have
- Experience deploying and operating solutions for geographically distributed data, high-volume data, real-time data leveraging technologies including: RabbitMQ, Kafka, CQRS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, NoSQL
- Active contribution to open source projects
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omnichannel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications, and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.