As a FreeSWITCH Engineer at Telnyx you will be in charge of operating and expanding the core of the Telnyx Telephony Platform, which is a B2BUA service based in the FreeSWITCH open-source application. You will join a team of FreeSWITCH Engineers that lead the way in developing a solution, from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration. As a Telnyx engineer you leverage everything around you: Telnyx products, open source technologies, and anything you and your team can build to drive real impact.
You work with users around the globe, where you help our customers by solving their communications challenges. You’ll also get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales, and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
In This Role You Will
- Own all aspects of the FreeSWITCH based B2BUA service, from the design of new features, to the implementation, QA, deployment to production, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Integrate the B2BUA service with other services that are part of the Telephony Engine by interfacing with other teams at Telnyx.
- Identify, optimize and resolve issues related to latency, scalability and performance.
- Handle escalations from other teams about B2BUA related issues.
- Be the subject matter expert for any FreeSWITCH related question coming from different parts of the company.
- Implement monitoring and alerting tools that ensure production systems are always healthy.
- Automate processes that allow for faster deployment cycles and capacity scaling.
You May Be A Fit If You Have
- 2+ years of professional software development experience with the open-source application FreeSWITCH.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience with C or C++ building multi-threaded and highly performant client/server applications.
- Familiarity with Kamailio, OpenSIPS, RTPEngine, Asterisk or other major VoIP projects.
- An understanding of IP telephony and Networking protocols (SIP, RTP, RTCP, T.38, ISUP, TLS, STUN, TURN, WebRTC).
- Experience designing, building and maintaining distributed applications at scale.
- Experience with containers and automation/orchestration tools such as Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes.
- Expertise leveraging modern libraries such as Boost.
- Familiarity with automake and autoconf build systems.
- Deep knowledge of microservice architecture patterns and anti-patterns.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunnelling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.