As a C/C++Telephony Engineer at Telnyx, you will create and deploy groundbreaking applications that are part of the Telephony platform. Our Engineers lead the way in developing a solution, from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration. As a Telnyx software engineer, you leverage everything around you: Telnyx products, open source technologies, and anything you and your team can build to drive real impact.
You work with users around the globe, where you help our customers by solving their communications challenges. Each mission presents different challenges, from the regulatory environment to the nature of the data to the user population. You will work to accommodate all aspects of an environment to drive real technical outcomes.
In This Role You Will
- Contribute to and interface with open source VoIP applications including FreeSWITCH, Kamailio, OpenSIPS and RTPEngine through adding features, writing integrations, implementing new modules, optimizing, correcting and extending existing functionality
- Identify, optimize and resolve issues related to latency, scalability and performance
- Create tools to automate critical aspects of production systems
- Design and implement highly available telephony services
You May Be A Fit If You Have
- 2+ years of professional software development experience with C or C++ building multithreaded and highly performant client/server applications
- An understanding of IP telephony and Networking protocols (SIP, RTP, RTCP, T.38, ISUP, TLS, STUN, TURN, WebRTC)
- Familiarity with FreeSWITCH, Kamailio, OpenSIPS, RTPEngine, or other major VoIP projects
- Experience designing, building and maintaining distributed applications at scale
- Expertise leveraging modern libraries such as Boost
- Familiarity with automake and autoconf build systems
- Deep knowledge of microservice architecture patterns and anti-patterns
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunnelling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.