We are looking for a leader who will ensure that Telnyx is able to source, negotiate and maintain best-in-class vendor partnerships around the globe.
The ideal candidate will not only have a proven track record in the setup, execution and management of global sourcing programs but also experience in third-party long-term relationship management. You will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team, driving partnerships around the world that are often highly technical (e.g. data center colocation procurement).
As a Strategic Partnerships Manager working on international vendor procurement strategy, you will source, negotiate, manage and grow relationships with network ISPs, cloud service providers, data center colocation facilities and international telecoms (to name a few).
In This Role You Will
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Product and the vendor partner to lead or contribute to large scale strategic projects along with solving ongoing operational and support problems at scale.
- Be responsible for negotiation and implementation of external partnerships and ensure that the partner products align with internal requirements.
- Act as the main point of contact for finding new suppliers, prioritizing factors such as impact, effort and tradeoffs associated with integrating third-party solutions, making sure the relationship is in a good place for the long-term.
- Manage and augment the documentation of various projects/programs so that management of our hundreds of partners is seamless.
- Communicate feedback, challenges, roadblocks and insights effectively and concisely to appropriate audiences and stakeholders (you have the opportunity to manage an extensive number of vendors which touch multiple customer facing products).
- Constantly strive for cost savings with our portfolio of partnerships through strong sourcing and negotiation skills.
You May Be A Fit For This Role If You Have
- BA/BS degree.
- 5-10 years of relevant sourcing and negotiation experience.
- Ability to work effectively with varying groups of people globally, both internal and external.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Ability to prepare, review, and approve documentation for IT procurement.
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance, having a results driven mentality.
- You are an expert vendor relationship manager, a product specialist, a product selection developer, and salesperson all in one.
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving experience to assess, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated experience defining and tracking metrics and implementing programs to improve operational performance.
- Experience leading data-driven projects and communicating the results of analysis and insights to technical and non technical audiences.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omnichannel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications, and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.