Our backend team is building a highly-available and distributed data pipeline that powers Telnyx products like Voice, Messaging and Wireless. We leverage the Telnyx private backbone network to build a cloud-agnostic data platform that processes thousands of messages per second.
With our lean team, we're currently running and managing more than 30 dockerized microservices deployed in multiple regions in the U.S. and Europe. We are looking for a Java backend Engineer with deep knowledge of Java Core.
In This Role You Will
- Work on 30+ microservices implemented in Java 11 and Scala that process, aggregate and expose all data our telecommunication and messaging engines generate
- Improve performance of our pipeline, we are currently processing 10k messages/sec and keep growing
- Architect our services and pipelines so they work with minimum latency in all our locations around the world (U.S., E.U., Australia, South America )
- Implement fraud detection processes with machine learning (Spark ML with Kafka)
- Deploy services to multi cloud Kubernetes environment in order to achieve 99.999% uptime
- Push code to production multiple times a day
You May Be A Fit If You Have
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Java and its ecosystem of tooling.
- Experience with Scala or other functional programming languages is a plus.
- Experience with Linux, Git, Docker, in a CI environment is a plus.
- Experience with distributed systems and systems that have to maintain ”5 nines of uptime”(99.999%) is a plus.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omnichannel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications, and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunnelling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.