Telnyx is a next-generation Voice over IP (VoIP) provider based out of Chicago. We’ve built a private network using a ‘software first’ approach by leveraging bleeding edge and open source software on top of all the major cloud service providers. We are focused on building a real-time communication platform for developers and application providers to easily integrate voice into their products. Telnyx is venture backed and one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago.
This is the job you’ve been waiting for! We are looking for an experienced Developer who wants to learn and master functional programming with Elixir, Phoenix, and the Erlang VM. You’ll be working on some large-scale, fault tolerant systems that power communications for millions of people worldwide. In this role you’ll report to the Director of Product and work with an experienced team of talented engineers.
We’re serious about building one of the best startup teams in Chicago. As developers ourselves we know that great teams are 5x more productive than mediocre ones. We’re looking for the kind of person who is energized by being in a fast-paced environment that values innovation. We love hard technology problems and so should you.
Sounds interesting? If so, we'd love to meet!
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with either Ruby or a functional programming language (Clojure, Erlang, etc)
- Experience programming in a Linux environment
- Experience with the Agile Development (Kanban, Scrum) process centered around git, continuous integration, and heavy testing
- Experience with concurrency and a service oriented architectures, preferably in a microservices pattern with async message bus
- Degree in CS or equivalent experience
- Bonus: Exposure to Docker and Consul
- Highly competitive salary and bonus
- Equity ownership in the company
- Top notch laptop, dual monitors, Shure headphones, and Steelcase furniture
- Healthy and delicious in-office meal options and a delivery laundry service
- A personal budget to purchase books, attend conferences, and take relevant courses
- Small, agile team that is dedicated to creating impact, continuous learning, and hard-work