Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a totally automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has forty employees (75% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
Here is a link to a video describing some of the projects that our Engineering team is currently working on.
Joining Our Team
At Telnyx, we are working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We are building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication.
No matter where you're based, or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. People rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
We are looking for an experienced Developer who wants to learn and master functional programming with Elixir, Phoenix, and the Erlang VM. You’ll be working on some large-scale, fault-tolerant systems that power communications for millions of people worldwide. In this role you’ll work with an experienced team of 20+ talented engineers.
We’re serious about building one of the best startup teams in Chicago. As developers ourselves we know that great teams are 5x more productive than mediocre ones. We’re looking for the kind of person who is energized by being in a fast-paced environment that values innovation. We love hard technology problems and so should you.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with either Ruby or a functional programming language (Clojure, Erlang, etc)
- Experience programming in a Linux environment
- Experience with the Agile Development (Kanban, Scrum) process centered around git, continuous integration, and heavy testing
- Experience with concurrency and a service oriented architectures, preferably in a microservices pattern with async message bus
- Degree in CS or equivalent experience
- Bonus: Exposure to Docker and Consul
- Highly competitive salary and bonus
- Equity ownership in the company
- Top notch laptop, dual monitors, Shure headphones, and Steelcase furniture
- Healthy and delicious in-office meal options and a delivery laundry service
- A personal budget to purchase books, attend conferences, and take relevant courses
- Small, agile team that is dedicated to creating impact, continuous learning, and hard-work
Our Guiding Principles
We wrote these principles to be actionable, to inform decision-making and to provide a sense of what’s important and what’s right. We live our values every day. They guide how we hire, train, measure and reward each other.
Do more with less. We are creative problem solvers that always use constraints to our advantage.
Leverage the experience of others
Avoid unnecessary detours by learning from the mistakes and successes of others. Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.
Perfection is the enemy of progress. Always ask “why.” Think big, start small, collect data, and iterate quickly.
Seek exponential gains in our work by improving the lives of colleagues and customers.
Measure twice and cut once. Plan thoughtfully, always have someone double-check your work, and take deliberate action.
Be transparent and honest. Give direct feedback.
Err on the side of action.No one is above any task; take ownership and get things done.
Always think about what you can do today to put the company in the best position in the future.