Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a totally automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has forty employees (75% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
Joining Our Team
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication.
No matter where you're based, or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. People rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
In this role, you will:
- Build Python products for the delivery of mission-critical global communications. These products are latency sensitive and must handle data at scale, all while maintaining an intuitive user experience.
- Create tools to automate critical aspects of production systems.
What we value:
- Strong engineering background, preferred in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision. You understand that making mistakes means you’re learning, and you actively seek opportunities to grow and develop.
- You want to work on software that is changing the world and you're passionate about creating intuitive, scalable products that magnify the analytical capabilities of our users.
- Familiarity with Twisted and Go is a plus.
- Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems.
Experience with large-scale production databases and major cloud services.
- Familiarity with micro-service architectures.
- Highly proficient in a Linux environment.
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with message queues (RabbitMQ).
- Unit testing (we don’t do TDD, but we like coverage - a lot).
Technologies we use
- A variety of languages including Python, Java, Elixir, Scala, Go, Angular, and React.
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, and ElasticSearch.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Docker, Consul, Jenkins, Ansible, and Github.
Our Guiding Principles
We wrote these principles to be actionable, to inform decision-making and to provide a sense of what’s important and what’s right. We live our values every day. They guide how we hire, train, measure and reward each other.
Do more with less. We are creative problem solvers that always use constraints to our advantage.
Leverage the experience of others
Avoid unnecessary detours by learning from the mistakes and successes of others. Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.
Perfection is the enemy of progress. Always ask “why.” Think big, start small, collect data, and iterate quickly.
Seek exponential gains in our work by improving the lives of colleagues and customers.
Measure twice and cut once. Plan thoughtfully, always have someone double-check your work, and take deliberate action.
Be transparent and honest. Give direct feedback.
Err on the side of action.No one is above any task; take ownership and get things done.
Always think about what you can do today to put the company in the best position in the future.