Telnyx is a next-generation Voice over IP (VoIP) provider based out of Chicago. We’ve built a private network using a ‘software first’ approach by leveraging bleeding edge and open source software on top of all the major cloud service providers. We are focused on building a real-time communication platform for developers and application providers to easily integrate voice into their products. Telnyx is venture backed and one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago.
The Telnyx product engineering team is a group of engineers who are passionate about building highly distributed end-to-end products and backend systems that customers interact with every day. The product team is R&D focused and is driving new features and services across communication processing and delivery to the actual client-facing APIs. We use Python 2.7+ and leverage technologies such as Postgres (with Psycopg2), Twisted, Cassandra, Spark, and RabbitMQ.
- Expertise in Python.
- Experience with large-scale production databases and major cloud services.
- Familiarity with micro-service architectures.
- Highly proficient in a Linux environment.
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Proven track record of shipping projects.
- Experience building highly distributed systems.
- Familiarity with Twisted and Go is a plus.
- 5+ years of Python experience.
- Highly competitive salary and bonus
- Equity ownership in the company
- Top notch laptop, dual monitors, Shure headphones, and Steelcase furniture
- Healthy and delicious in-office meal options and a delivery laundry service
- A personal budget to purchase books, attend conferences, and take relevant courses
- Small, agile team that is dedicated to creating impact, continuous learning, and hard-work