Our mission is as bold as it is necessary, to make universal communications possible. We engineer tools and infrastructure that make it easy for users to embed and integrate communications into businesses and applications, resulting in a simple, configurable, and barrier-free medium to access one another in real-time.
Our aim is to provide a set of self-service tools and APIs that empower the next generation of service providers (e.g. application developers) to deliver mission critical communication over the internet with the reliability and quality that users have come to expect from a traditional phone company. If we are successful, it will be possible for two people to have a long-distance high fidelity conversation, in any application, without having to pay a premium to a major telecommunications company for that privilege.
We are a venture backed, 35 person startup (65% of which are engineers) headquartered downtown in Chicago, IL (with offices in Dublin, Ireland and Boulder, CO.).
We believe in the right tool for the right job:
- Product - Golang, Clojure, Ruby on Rails, Angular
- Platform - Ansible, Docker, Consul, Jenkins, ELK
- Analytics - Java, Scala, Python
These are the foundation on which our company is built. We wrote these values to be actionable, to inform decision-making and to provide a sense of what’s important and what’s right; they guide how we hire, train, measure and reward our team.
- Work together – Seek exponential gains rather than additive gains in your work by improving the lives of colleagues and customers.
- Be gritty – If we are tenacious and persistent in doing more with less, we can always do more. Constraints are often advantages in disguise that force us to come up with creative solutions.
- Improve continually – Perfection is the enemy of progress. Always ask “why.” Think big, start small, collect data, and iterate quickly.
- Leverage the experience of others – Avoid unnecessary detours by learning from the mistakes and successes of others. Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.
- Spread integrity – Be transparent and honest. Give direct feedback.
- Take action – Err on the side of action. Nobody is above any task; take ownership and get things done.
- Practice diligence – Measure twice and cut once. Plan thoughtfully, always have someone double-check your work, and take deliberate action.
- Think future forward – Always think about what you can do today to put the company in the best position in the future.