Telnyx is a next-generation Voice over IP (VoIP) provider based out of Chicago. We’ve built a private network using a ‘software first’ approach by leveraging bleeding edge and open source software on top of all the major cloud service providers. We are focused on building a real-time communication platform for developers and application providers to easily integrate voice into their products. Telnyx is venture backed and one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago.
We are looking for an experienced Java/Data Developer to research, design, implement, document, and test distributed systems designated to process massive volumes of data. Additionally, you will create and consume distributed algorithms used for real-time computing.
Further, this engineer will work to implement autonomous services in a complex service oriented architecture, liaise between developers and engineering teams to coordinate complex releases and participate in the architecture and design of future systems. Experience leveraging high-end distributed frameworks such as Cassandra and Spark will be a primary function, as well.
Sounds interesting? If so, we'd love to meet!
- 3+ years of professional Java Development experience
- Experience programming Java in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of Java memory model, as well as locking and lock-free algorithms
- Experience with Cassandra and Spark
- Experience with the Agile Development process centered around Git, continuous integration, and heavy testing
- Highly competitive salary and bonus
- Equity ownership in the company
- Top notch laptop, dual monitors, Shure headphones, and Steelcase furniture
- Healthy and delicious in-office meal options and a delivery laundry service
- A personal budget to purchase books, attend conferences, and take relevant courses
- Small, agile team that is dedicated to creating impact, continuous learning, and hard-work