Software Engineer, Distributed Systems and Infrastructure
Tellie is on a mission to help creators express their creativity while earning a sustainable living online. Over and over, we hear the same thing from creators, “My content is scattered, I'm missing out on potential monetization, I don't have time to update multiple platforms and websites. I exist everywhere, but I feel like I don't own me anywhere.” At Tellie, we are passionate about solving these problems.
Tellie integrates all the places a creator lives online. Tellie is the new creator site:
- No-code: A disposable website for each content and merch drop
- Integrated: A visual way to aggregate your content, marketing, and monetization
- Enhances content: New forms of interactive storytelling
- Social: Fully synced group viewing and listening parties
About the role
- Location: Los Angeles or remote
Tellie's ideal candidate is someone who enjoys solving problems collaboratively at the early stages of a product startup alongside other highly talented individual contributors.
As a Software Engineer, you will
- Build new features, and refactor and migrate existing systems into modular components
- Design and implement scalable services in Go, Node.js, and AWS Lambda
- Cross-collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Think about data and analytics, and how to yield valuable insights from our data architecture
- Build real-time systems to drive rich user experiences across Tellie sites
- Keep our servers alive and healthy
- Improve our CI/CD pipelines to empower our team to push to production safely, reliable, and often
- Have an opportunity to wear many hats and pick up front-end related tasks (if desired)
We are also looking for a Software Engineer who has
- Contributed to building scalable, multi-tenant environments
- Experience in container orchestration (ECS, Kubernetes, Fargate), Docker, and/or Infrastructure as Code (Pulumi).
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience provisioning, configuring, securing, and operating Apache Kafka and/or other event streams platforms (Apache Pulsar, Kinesis, etc) in a cloud-based environment
- Implementing partitioning strategies and configuring brokers, topics, producers, consumers, schema registry, and materialization (KSQL or Materialize)
- Scaled and tuned event-stream and orchestrated platforms, e.g., re-balanced partitions across new nodes, or horizontally scaling up/down servers based on traffic patterns.
- Built and improved complex distributed systems, microservices, and/or event-driven architectures
- A deep understanding of design patterns — and an even better knowledge of when to apply them
Don't meet 100% of the qualifications above? That's okay! Studies show that companies consider candidates that satisfy 50% of a job description. So, apply anyway! 😄
- Remote friendly
- Flexible PTO and working hours
- Shiny new MacBook Pro
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- $125-$150k, depending on qualifications
- Stock options
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org! Join our passionate and collaborative team and help us build a middle-class for creators!