Software Engineer, Distributed Systems and Infrastructure

Tellie is on a mission to help creators express their creativity while earning a sustainable living online. Over and over, we hear the same thing from creators, “My content is scattered, I'm missing out on potential monetization, I don't have time to update multiple platforms and websites. I exist everywhere, but I feel like I don't own me anywhere.” At Tellie, we are passionate about solving these problems.

Tellie integrates all the places a creator lives online. Tellie is the new creator site:

• No-code: A disposable website for each content and merch drop
  • Integrated: A visual way to aggregate your content, marketing, and monetization
  • Enhances content: New forms of interactive storytelling
  • Social: Fully synced group viewing and listening parties

About the role

• Full-time

Tellie's ideal candidate is someone who enjoys solving problems collaboratively at the early stages of a product startup alongside other highly talented individual contributors.

As a Software Engineer, you will

• Build new features, and refactor and migrate existing systems into modular components
  • Design and implement scalable services in Go, Node.js, and AWS Lambda
  • Cross-collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
  • Think about data and analytics, and how to yield valuable insights from our data architecture
  • Build real-time systems to drive rich user experiences across Tellie sites
  • Keep our servers alive and healthy
  • Improve our CI/CD pipelines to empower our team to push to production safely, reliable, and often
  • Have an opportunity to wear many hats and pick up front-end related tasks (if desired)

We are also looking for a Software Engineer who has

• Contributed to building scalable, multi-tenant environments
  • Experience in container orchestration (ECS, Kubernetes, Fargate), Docker, and/or Infrastructure as Code (Pulumi).
  • Experience in Go, JavaScript, and/or Node.js
  • Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
  • Experience provisioning, configuring, securing, and operating Apache Kafka and/or other event streams platforms (Apache Pulsar, Kinesis, etc) in a cloud-based environment
  • Implementing partitioning strategies and configuring brokers, topics, producers, consumers, schema registry, and materialization (KSQL or Materialize)
  • Scaled and tuned event-stream and orchestrated platforms, e.g., re-balanced partitions across new nodes, or horizontally scaling up/down servers based on traffic patterns.
  • Built and improved complex distributed systems, microservices, and/or event-driven architectures
  • A deep understanding of design patterns — and an even better knowledge of when to apply them

Don't meet 100% of the qualifications above? That's okay! Studies show that companies consider candidates that satisfy 50% of a job description. So, apply anyway! 😄

Perks

• Remote friendly
  • Flexible PTO and working hours
  • Shiny new MacBook Pro
  • Health, dental, and vision benefits

Compensation

• $125-$150k, depending on qualifications
  • Stock options

Apply

Send your resume to careers.engineering@tell.ie! Join our passionate and collaborative team and help us build a middle-class for creators!

Apply for this Job

* Required