Location: Must be local to Los Angeles, CA for occasional travel to HQ.
Telesign connects, protects and proactively defends companies, customers and the digital interactions between them. With powerful AI that delivers identity with speed, accuracy and global reach, we enable Continuous Trust. Empowering companies to transact, communicate and engage with their customers free of fear, Continuous Trust makes the promise of the digital economy possible.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for taking ownership over the day-to-day operations of Telesign’s networking infrastructure ensuring proper functioning, upgrades, monitoring and security. Facilities to be supported include Telesign’s corporate offices and several collocation facilities. In this role, the Network Engineer will be required to exercise strategy, discretion and judgment in designing, building and supporting computer facilities and communication networks. Additionally, this role will require experience and involvement to work together with System Administration and Helpdesk team accomplishing the various tasks as they arise.
This position reports to the Global Networks Manager.
- Support fast, scalable, secure, highly available network infrastructure.
- Implement, monitor and maintain networking infrastructure.
- Configure, administer and monitor Routers, Firewalls, Load balancers and Network Switches and other Network devices.
- Configure and monitor cloud solutions such as AWS, GCP, Azure and VMware Cloud
- Configure and monitor distributed cloud solutions such as F5
- Analyze and troubleshoot all network and communication devices.
- Provide regular status updates on projects and the state of networking infrastructure.
- Provide technical guidance and training to other staff members within the organization.
- Available on call for severity 1 issues.
- Primary contact for networking infrastructure during routine maintenance.
- Manage vendors and service providers to assist with their products and services to ensure company needs are being properly met.
- 7+ years’ experience in multi-tiered and distributed network administration.
- Hands-on configuration experience with Cisco, Palo Alto, F5, HyperFlex and VMware
- Proven experience in complex problem solving.
- Experience in layer 2, layer 3 technologies and in depth knowledge of other layers of OSI model.
- Experience in any Linux or Unix command line.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational skills with ability to gather requirements and arrive at technical decisions in an Agile environment.
- Ability to work with others well and participate on cross-technology teams.
- Ability to multitask
- Degree in Computer Science or a Network Discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with VOIP – SIP, RTP.
- Experience with virtualized environments.
- Experience with SAN / NAS environments.
- Experience with BGP.
- Experience with Palo Alto, F5, CDN (Akamai or equivalent)
- Experience with SDWAN
- Experience with Wireless Technologies (Merakai, Cisco or equivalent)
Telesign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Telesign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Telesign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.