Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting
TeleSign is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as the Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting. You will be a key contributor and leader for the financial operations of our rapidly growing company. You will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, improvement of financial processes, and development of a high performing accounting team. Reporting to the Controller, this position requires strong financial, accounting and management skills, a strong business sense and the ability to understand the big picture while being detail oriented.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Design and scale the company's end to end internal and external reporting process.
- Establish and perform variance analysis over a three-statement model.
- Prepare financial statements, including cash flow statement, statement of changes in equity, working capital reporting, segmental reporting analysis, along with key disclosures such as earnings per share and equity roll forward workbooks.
- Help to prepare for and support SEC compliance requirements and appropriate disclosures for quarterly certification and process for reporting including Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
- Manage and review footnote support schedules, prepare tie-out binders and disclosure checklists.
- Lead implementation and configuration of reporting software such as Workiva or similar system to streamline external reporting.
- Maintain and update key technical accounting policies of the company and conduct accounting research on complex accounting and reporting matters.
- Maintain the company's GAAP checklist and ensure the company's financial statements remain current with latest requirements.
- Draft and maintain technical accounting memos documenting research and conclusions.
- Oversee technical research related to accounting standards and support the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate financial policies and procedures.
- Provide inputs to external and internal audit processes and act as key point of contact on technical accounting issues.
- Review financial information included in the company's external communications to regulators and investors.
- Work closely with the broader finance team to ensure consistent implementation of accounting guidance and disclosure requirements for budgeting, forecasting and internal reporting.
- Work cross-functionally with other groups to ensure compliance with SEC reporting requirements and to support the business needs. Partner with investor relations, legal, finance, and others on deliverables and projects.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business
- CPA preferred
- 7+ years of experience (a mix of public accounting with Big 4 accounting firm and industry experience preferred)
- Advanced excel skills
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting rules, as well as experience with technical research
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact and build relationships across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more! ;)
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.