We are looking to hire a Software Engineer (Data) who will support the AWS infrastructure within TeleSign Operations as we build a highly virtualized and distributed transaction processing platform. The systems administration team, working in conjunction with development and release engineering teams, employs an Agile DevOps oriented approach to improve the quality, consistency and efficiency of deployment of TeleSign’s products and infrastructure.
Team members must be detailed oriented, demonstrate good risk management-based decision making, and bring innovative, reliable solutions to challenges and problems alike. Successful candidates will possess strong AWS technical skills, along with proven Data Engineering experience at scale. Candidates must self-motivated and demonstrate a drive to research and complete assigned tasks whether working independently as a member of a cross-organizational team.
What you will do:
- Build, implement and maintain the cloud infrastructure of the company.
- Understand and anticipate the needs of the product owners, and propose scalable technology solutions.
- Focus on system design that is easy to test, leverages mocked systems as needed, and exemplifies transparency of business logic.
- Mentor fellow team members and provide direction in setting standards and best practices.
- 2+ years developing cloud-based, scalable ETL systems.
- Expertise in Python and SQL.
- Experience building data pipelines.
- Experience with docker and containerization.
- Experience shipping products.
- Familiarity with noSQL options, and their pros and cons (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc).
- Experience with ETL tools (AWS Step Functions/Airflow/Luigi, AWS Glue/Spark/PySpark, etc.))
- Experience with Git & Terraform.
- Excellent time management.
- Self starter can perform research independently
- Ability to speak and write clear English in order to facilitate clear, unambiguous communications
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational skills
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more! ;)
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.
Telesign does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.