For the EMEA region, we are looking for a Data Partnerships Manager.
You will look for increasing the number of digital identity sources within your assigned region:
- Build, manage, and lead the execution of TeleSign Digital Identity sourcing monthly, quarterly and annual roadmap
- Lead engagement with aggregators, stand-alone and telco suppliers in the region;
- Developing new contacts with digital and mobile identity providers;
- Liaise with industry bodies with respect to their support on Digital and Mobile Identity development, data privacy & regulatory framework;
- Participation in industry events, webinars, working groups and trade shows;
You will assess supplier’s readiness on TeleSign Identity services:
- Presenting customer needs, pricing, use cases, etc. to aggregators and providers;
- Assessing readiness (legal & technical), roll out plan for identity services.
You will be responsible of sourcing contracts:
- Full accountability including end-to-end contract negotiation and signature;
- Managing business reviews with aggregators and suppliers post-production on quarterly basis.
You will be responsible for regular co-ordination with Telesign Product and Sales Teams:
- Alignment with TeleSign product and sales teams on target markets, customer needs, pricing, use cases, customer meetings if needed, etc;
- Interactions & exchange with TeleSign data integration, solution engineering & sales teams;
- Providing market feedback from aggregators and suppliers to TeleSign product teams;
- Regular coordination meetings with regional sales heads and product teams.
- Assist in Sales and Marketing efforts to advance the market’s knowledge of TeleSign. This includes, but is not limited to, on-site customer visits, small & large audience presentations, and creation of marketing collateral (eg, blog posts, whitepapers…)
- You have a great knowledge of fraud prevention platforms. Knowledge of mobile network architecture, API platforms is a plus.
- Experience in Data Privacy & regulations desirable.
- You have proven sales, negotiation & communication skills.
- You like taking initiative, are highly motivated, ready for extensive travel, and able to work independently but in a highly collaborative framework.
- You have proven to be able to build strategic long term relationships.
- You are comfortable with the cultural sensitivities in the regions.
- 5+ years of experience and expertise in the international Identity solutions, Fraud prevention, Telecommunication, Authentication and Big Data monetization is desirable.
- Masters Degree preferably in engineering, business, and/or marketing.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Other European language(s) is a plus
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.
Telesign does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.