TeleSign is hiring a Software Engineering Manager (Voice) to join our team! In this role, you will manage both projects and the team that support our internal and customer-facing web properties. You will be a security-focused and customer-centric leader who is excited not only about designing and architecting the big picture, but also about working closely with the people who will help to make it happen. This is a hands-on development role that includes people management.
What you'll do:
- Communicate with the product team to understand our customer needs and relay data on the cost, effort and time of deliverables.
- Collaborate with our architecture team and other teams to design scalable systems, and responsible of architecture and technical direction of their team
- Break large-scale projects into functional deliverables
- Lead the development team in designing, implementing, and testing solutions.
- Align team training plans with company objectives
- Proven experience designing and launching enterprise software solutions at scale
- Hands-on software engineering experience on enterprise applications
- Deep knowledge of “OWASP Top 10” Web Application Security Risks
- Strong hands on software engineering experience (at least 6 years)
- Hands on experience with Python (3 years)
- Understanding of development best practices and standards (design patterns, coding standards, etc.)
- Good SQL and database design skills
- Knowledge of basic Linux system administration tasks
- A solid grounding in version control and experience working with a team using Git
- Must be a self-learner with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Prior Agile/Scrum hands-on experience
- A clear understanding of QA principles and methodology and the ability to apply this understanding directly to concrete QA problems
- Good experience of various testing practices
Nice to have:
- Full Stack software design experience
- Proficiency with Jenkins
- Experience using xUnit test frameworks (JUnit, PHPUnit, TestNG, nose, etc.)
- Experience with high volume web services. Caching, distributed processing, replication and performance profiling
- Experience testing in Linux
- Experience testing web services (REST)
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more!
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.