TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world.
Strategic Partnerships Director is responsible for maintaining professional and productive relationships with our suppliers, but also identifying and proposing new suppliers. They will actively work on negotiating better termination rates and terms of business and acts as account manager for strategic suppliers in their portfolio including all administrative tasks.
What you'll do:
- Supplier on-boarding pipeline development and maintenance. Identifies, negotiates and connects new suppliers in order to reduce cost of termination and improves company competitiveness.
- Maintains high profile partnership relations with strategic supplier accounts e.g. – operator groups, regional and local suppliers.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving competitive cost structure for assigned region and/or portfolio of supplier accounts and has DM target that is part of company budget.
- Acts as escalation point for all important issues with appropriate contact our vendor’s side, in both directions.
- Keeping up with all particularities for commercial, regulatory and other relevant changes in the industry and market. Communicates with appropriate internal stakeholders in timely manner for appropriate attention and actions.
- Accountable for keeping accurate costs for SMS termination in our system, as related to suppliers assigned in portfolio.
- Closely collaborates with Accounting team on checking and approving vendor invoices. Reconciliation of any discrepancies with vendors if necessary.
- Work with Pricing, Customer Support, Network Ops and other teams on day-to-day basis where collaboration is required for handling of operational tasks and challenges
- Active engagement on improvement and maintenance of Routing related processes, procedures, policies and tools.
- Closely collaborates with Legal team while working on agreements with new suppliers and addendums with existing ones.
- Attends industry events to maintain relationship with existing suppliers, to discover new ones. Represents TeleSign professionally.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and communication skills
- Business acumen and financial literacy
- Fluent in English, verbal and written, additional language knowledge is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of SMS industry, market and competition
- Strong network of contacts within SMS industry
- University degree (preferably in Economics/Applied Sciences/ICT)
- 4+ years or experience working in SMS industry is a must
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.