TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
What you will do:
TeleSign deals in data with high velocity and high variety. In addition to maintaining and extending our existing microservice architecture, the architect will lead efforts continuing to evolve our microservice architecture and assisting in our cloud migration strategy which scales effortlessly, gracefully handles every possible exception, and deliver an impressively low response time and high throughput.
- Set the code-standards, design practices, and values of multiple teams
- Perform code review and supervise the work of the team
- Establish the services the team will provide to other departments and a process for triaging new requests.
- Demonstrate an active interest in new technology, research, and tools.
- Identify opportunities to support the vision of the product team with new algorithms, approaches, and methodologies when applicable.
- Take ownership of future architecture choices.
- Develop informed opinions about the variety of tools, solutions, and services which Telesign might adopt.
- Effectively communicate with business and engineering stakeholders to ensure integrations are implemented in a technically correct and logically correct way.
- Collaborates within and across groups with little or no supervision in writing technical documents.
About You :
- 10+ years’ experience building enterprise-grade high performant and scalable on-prem and AWS based solutions in a Software Architect role
- Experience with Spark and other ETL tools (Airflow, AWS Glue, Step Functions, etc.))
- Experience with noSQL options, and their pros and cons (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc)
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipelines (Containers, Git/AWS Code Commit, CloudFormation/Terraform)
- Exposure to security and privacy consideration of deploying services across multiple countries
- A strong understanding of designing and delivering event-driven microservice based architectures
- Experience with high volume web services. Caching, distributed processing, replication, and performance profiling
- Experience with service instrumentation
- Understanding of development best practices and standards (test-driven development, design patterns, coding standards, etc.).
- Experience with Python and/or C++
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Nice to have
- Experience with GDPR, CCPA
- Experience with M&A