The DevOps team is responsible for supporting the Linux-based infrastructure on AWS public cloud and on-premises hybrid environment within TeleSign operations as we build a highly virtualized and distributed transaction processing platform. The position works in conjunction with development and release engineering team leaders, employs as agile DevOps oriented approach to improve the quality, consistency, and efficiency of deployment of TeleSign’s products and infrastructure.
The successful candidate will provide day-to-day management of DevOps staff and cooperatively work with different departments. The individual must be detailed-oriented, demonstrate good risk management based decision making including bringing innovative, reliable solutions to challenges and problem alike. He/She should possess strong Linux and DevOps technical skills and proven DevOps experience. This role includes delivering operational event postmortems, planning resources, and measuring team KPIs. The individual will require strong communication skills, written, verbal and listening.
- Oversee and coordinate activities including but not limited to daily DevOps team operations and provide leadership on the application lifecycle and deployment management
- Lead the team to build, implement, and maintain a highly efficient and repeatable AWS cloud infrastructure using DevOps tools and best practices.
- Provide direction and promote DevOps culture within TeleSign. Influence and educate teams with continuous delivery-driven methods that maximize efficiency for the Dev team and improve infrastructure development workflows.
- Collaborate with engineering team across multiple products and enable developer velocity through robust CI/CD tools and practices.
- Lead and collaborate root cause analysis, pattern identification and continuous improvement to optimize TeleSign infrastructure performance, resiliency, and reliability.
- Evaluate technological designs, work with engineering and architecture team to present the recommendations.
- Effectively utilize internal ticketing system to manage workload, align priorities and requirements, and provide regular status updates on assigned projects and tickets.
- Perform staff 1-1s, annual performance evaluations and recommendations for staff quarterly bonuses based on goals and performance.
- Use available tools to monitor, manage and track system performance to ensure customer satisfaction and provide data in support of customer queries and feed to performance and capacity planning.
- Analyze AWS cloud infrastructure cost, create cost metrics and reports, identify spending patterns, and provide optimization recommendations.
- Work with TeleSign security team to maintain the security and integrity of the network and infrastructure.
- Analyze current technology utilized within TeleSign and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- 3+ years of DevOps manager or related experience and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts, and tools.
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service.
- Ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Hands-on or management experience in implementing release management and DevOps automation configuration management and orchestration tools (i.e. Puppet, Terraform, CloudFormation, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of basic networking design (TCP/IP, DNS and load balancing).
- 3+ years’ experience with CI/CD pipeline and tools (Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, CodePipeline).
- Ability to work independently, as well as others, depending on scope of assignments.
- Able to support 24*7 nature of operations including oversight of DevOps response to service events
- Self-motivated and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to speak and write clear English to facilitate clear unambiguous communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Some International travel required.
- Fully understanding of software development lifecycle best practices.
- Familiarity with Python, Redis, RabbitMQ, ELK Stack, SIP and/or SMPP protocols.
- AWS certification is a plus but not required.
- Experience in being the” go-to” DevOps resource.
- Experience in a fast moving, agile development-based environment, preferably SaaS or cloud delivering based product offerings.
- Experience in machine learning.
- Understanding of Internet security concepts.
- Familiarity with voice telecom and SMS messaging terminology.