Telaria, Inc. is a public company trading on the NYSE under the symbol TLRA. We offer a complete software platform to manage premium digital video advertising for customers like Hulu, Sling, BBC, A&E, Gannett, USA Today and many others. Telaria operates out of 13 offices worldwide across North America, EMEA, LATAM and APAC.
The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for:
- Global budgeting and forecasting
- Monthly, quarterly and ad hoc financial analysis
The Director, FP&A position is an integral position within the organization as they will interact with the various department heads, business line heads and executives to provide insightful and actionable financial analysis. This position must handle multiple assignments in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment with extensive direct interaction with business leaders and executive management.
This role is based in NYC.
- Develop and monitor the Company’s annual budget and quarterly and monthly forecasts, which shall include establishing budget tools, setting timelines and acting as project manager for the Company, ensuring that all budgets and forecasts are accurate, comprehensive and completed in timely fashion with department heads and country managers.
- Responsible for monthly reporting package that includes financial operating statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), operational Dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, analysis of operating results against budget, prior periods and forecasts, and comprehensive executive level explanations.
- Present, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data and business metrics partnering closely with business leaders to impact strategic business decisions.
- Support the preparation of the Company’s long-range resource planning models.
- Provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for a variety of special projects that may include financings, new business initiatives and other ad-hoc projects.
- Assist in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement and liaison with the various business departments.
- Work collaboratively with the accounting team during the month-end close cycle to ensure proper accruals and to reconcile revenue, gross margin and Adjusted EBITDA.
- Understand and interpret new customer/partnership contracts and liaise with the accounting team to determine proper GAAP treatment for forecasting and budgeting purposes.
- Calculate quarterly commission statements and provide monthly accruals to the accounting team.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
We’re looking for an intelligent, highly-motivated individual, who can succeed in a fast-moving company and industry. The candidate must be a self-starter who can see the goal and execute against it.
- Undergraduate degree or MBA in finance or accounting
- 5+ or more years of combined accounting, finance, and strategic analysis experience
- Familiarity with NetSuite, Adaptive, Company reporting
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance and business operations
- Demonstrated excellence in financial analysis and model building
- Understanding of interrelationship between and ability to model Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows.
- Advanced excel skills and ability to build scenario analyses
- Function effectively in an especially fast-paced, high growth operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and executive presence
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate with peers, subordinates, and executive management
- Exceptional presentation skills with ability to analyze data, tell “the story” and develop detailed operational changes to plans, to implement cost savings and revenue growth opportunities
- High energy, positive, with “can do” attitude
- Personal history of achievement
Telaria, Inc. (NYSE: TLRA), is a complete software platform to manage premium video advertising. We engineer the most robust suite of analytics, automated decisioning, and integrated programmatic and direct monetization tools in the industry. Global publishers require total command of their business; Telaria's independent solution empowers unbiased decisions for the best revenue outcomes. Telaria operates out of 13 offices worldwide across North America, EMEA, LATAM and APAC.
At Telaria we place an emphasis and importance on ensuring our total rewards are competitive, aligned with industry and to help you create a productive work/life balance. Benefits are highly subsidized and include medical, company paid dental, vision, employer contributed Health Savings Account, 401k matching, corporate gym discounts, pre-tax health and commuter savings, life insurance, 5 and 10-year Sabbatical programs, Discretionary Time Off (a.k.a. open vacation policy!), Paid Parental Leave, an Employee Referral Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), and much more! All this is within a collaborative work environment you can personalize and topped with engaging programs like Micro-Mentorship, and Team Sports.
Telaria values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.