Telaria (NYSE: TLRA), (formerly Tremor Video), is the leading independent data-driven software platform built to monetize and manage premium video inventory with the greatest speed, control, and transparency, wherever and however audiences are watching.
As a Data Scientist, you will work within one of the largest independent programmatic video ad businesses in the world. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and analysts on a wide range of problems relating to revenue yield, infrastructure costs, auction dynamics and exchange optimization. This position will bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of measuring quality, improving products, and understanding the behavior of consumers, advertisers and publishers.
- Working with large and complex data sets, solve difficult analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop comprehensive understanding of Telaria’s data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for product, engineering and sales activity.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with engineering to assess improvements to Telaria’s products and identify opportunities for optimization.
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings to multiple levels of stakeholders
- BS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, economics, computer science, mathematics, physics).
- 5 years relevant work experience in data analysis or related field (e.g. as a statistician / data scientist).
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, Julia, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- Experience working with big data solutions such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline as listed in Minimum Qualifications.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction, including willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Experience in multiple programming languages (Python, R, Java, Scala, etc.)
Compensation & Benefits:
At Telaria we place an emphasis and importance on ensuring our total rewards are competitive, aligned with industry and to help you create a productive work/life balance. Benefits are highly subsidized and include medical, company paid dental, vision, employer contributed Health Savings Account, 401k matching, corporate gym discounts, pre-tax health and commuter savings, life insurance, 5 and 10-year Sabbatical programs, Discretionary Time Off (a.k.a. open vacation policy!), Paid Parental Leave, an Employee Referral Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), and much more! All this is within a collaborative work environment you can personalize and topped with engaging programs like Micro-Mentorship, and Team Sports.
Telaria values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.