(This is a 100% remote position - the full flexibility to work from home!)
As the world leader in virtual care, Teladoc Health is passionate about taking care of people. We have been providing care in Canada for over two decades to more than 9 million Canadians and 85,000 plan sponsors. We deliver care across 175 countries (over 51 million members globally), living our mission to empower all people to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience. Levering digital technology, we provide whole-person care that spans every stage in a person’s health journey from wellness and prevention to acute care to complex healthcare needs. Our Canadian team has doubled in size over the last two years, and our growth is expected to rapidly continue as we transcend the landscape of future healthcare.
We are looking for an Assistant Finance Manager. This role reports directly to the Senior Finance Manager. You will assist in running the Finance Department and be responsible for providing accurate, timely and useful financial information and analysis to support monthly and quarterly close, including the local tax declarations. You will also be working to support the creation and monitoring of the budget and forecast monthly or as needed.
This role will have you work collaboratively with cross-functional teams locally and internationally as you will be a key business partner who analyze performance indicators, develop costing/product pricing strategy and building KPIs to monitor performance. You will also oversee direct reports who manage the clinician billing and will work with the team to identify improvement opportunities within the cycle.
This role offers a comprehensive compensation package - a competitive base salary, annual bonus, a comprehensive benefits plan, an attractive RSU stock grant at offer, paid vacation, sick pay and personal days, as well as an array of other amazing benefits.
- Supervise accounting processes in relation to the preparation of financial statements, and ensure compliance with local tax, statutory regulations, US GAAP and SOX controls
- Ensure that efficient and high standards control systems are in place through accurate policies, IT solutions and procedures
- Collaborate with other teams to develop the annual budget and forecasts and monitoring results versus budget and forecasts
- Provide analytical insights to grow the business, assist in developing product costing/pricing strategy, building KPIs, analyzing strategic decisions
- Supervise clinician billings and overall process
- Identifying opportunities for further automation and enhance efficiency within the processes
- Prepare executive financial summary presentations to support business need
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, accounting, or business administration
- MBA or CPA designation, or in the process
- 5-7 years of related experience, of which 2-3 years of experience as a Big Four auditor (comfortable with US GAAP and SOX) is preferred
- A self-starter who enjoys working autonomously, prioritizing multiple asks, and is comfortable with ambiguity and poised under pressure
- Experience in improving financial and operational reporting processes
- Passionate for teamwork, process optimization, implementation of IT solutions to increase efficiency
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to synthesize data, find the root cause, and tell the story
- Comfortable with Excel (advanced formulas), PowerPoint. Knowledge of Accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics) or forecasting software like Host & Anaplan a plus
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.