We are looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis Director to support the Strategic Finance team at Teladoc Health. A successful director in this role will be a financial thought leader to key business stakeholders (CIO, CFO, Head of FP&A, Sales, Strategy and Investor Relations) by completing relevant financial analyses and delivering thoughtful insights and recommendations and investment guidance to senior leadership. The Director should have a proven track record in leading a team and should approach projects with a service-oriented mindset, with a strong emphasis on streamlining processes. He should be able to establish best practices and tackle cross-functional challenges collaboratively.
Core components of the role include collaborating with stakeholders (R&D, Strategy & Sales) to create business cases for technology investments and develop quarterly reporting on the portfolio of strategic technology investments. In addition, the Director will partner with R&D budget owners and broader finance teams to create accurate budgets and forecasts, review analysis of monthly results vs. budget and incorporate feedback into the forecasting process, board presentation preparation, and financial analyses to track and report on operational and financial metrics that drive business decisions.
This position reports to the VP, Strategic Finance. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, self-starter with integrity and the ability to work independently with agility to work on multiple priorities. In addition to possessing an analytical mindset, he should have the desire to make a meaningful impact on a high growth technology company.
- Develop and evaluate business cases / models to ensure efficient allocation of investment resources across R&D / strategic initiatives.
- Establish a systematic process to monitor and report on the performance of the R&D investments / initiatives to senior leadership
- Prepare quarterly strategic investment committee materials, monthly and quarterly executive financial summary presentations, and annual board presentations.
- Drive solid operating cadence and financial discipline across monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts / budgets and planning.
- Collaborate with accounting during monthly / quarterly close to review and ensure accuracy.
- Analyze actual versus budget and prepare to present flux / trend analysis to business leaders at a regular cadence.
- Build strong relationships and influence business decisions with leaders across R&D and Products and Sales organizations.
- Define and report KPIs to assess investment level and ROI across the investment portfolio.
- Develop data-driven financial models with scenario analyses for short- and long-range planning with focus on resource allocation and long-term financial planning.
- Partner with R&D and Product to perform cost analysis, margin analysis, and overall economics for new products, features or bundles.
- Develop and maintain scalable, ad-hoc models and reports to solve complex business challenges.
- Assist in initiatives to centralize data for more streamlined reporting and analytics.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives and identify requirements for enhancements to existing systems and workflow; automate processes as possible.
- Aid in the development and improvement of team members’ knowledge and skills of existing and future financial software and processes.
- Perform various ad-hoc analyses on the business across stated strategic priorities and metrics.
- Lead and develop a best-in-class team of finance professionals with a strong strategic mindset, including direct oversight and professional development of the team members.
- 9+ years of relevant work experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, strategic finance, or management consulting
- Excellent analytical skills, able to develop and enhance a complex financial modeling and planning infrastructure
- Highly organized and process-oriented; strong attention to detail with creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, coupled with the ability to synthesize detailed information into succinct and actionable recommendations in presentations to senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate information across multiple business units and build effective business relationships within an organization.
- Fluent understanding of P&L dynamics, unit economics and creating business cases.
- Understand the value of producing clean work product, even for internal purposes.
- Strong team player skills with the ability to work harmoniously in a diverse workforce.
- Strong Excel-based modelling skills.
- Proven analytical and inquisitive work style with a keen attention to detail – but also ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to interact with and present data to senior management team and business unit leaders.
- Ability to manage & prioritize multiple projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.