(This is a 100% remote position - the full flexibility to work from home!)
As the world leader in virtual care, Teladoc Health is passionate about taking care of people. We have been providing care in Canada for over two decades to more than 9 million Canadians and 85,000 plan sponsors. We deliver care across 175 countries (over 51 million members globally), living our mission to empower all people to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience. Levering digital technology, we provide whole-person care that spans every stage in a person’s health journey from wellness and prevention to acute care to complex healthcare needs. Our Canadian team has doubled in size over the last two years, and our growth is expected to rapidly continue as we transcend the landscape of future healthcare.
The Canadian Physician Recruitment and Engagement Specialist will have two main job functions:
The first component of the role is to recruit, retain, credential and hire physicians to support telemedicine consults across Canada. The candidate will work closely with stakeholders across Teladoc Health both in Canada and the USA, including Provider Relations, Physician Credentialing, Operations, Analytics, Product Innovation and Marketing to ensure that Teladoc Health has a robust physician network to service the short- and long-term recruitment strategies. The Specialist will partner with analytics to help identify gaps in the physician network, facilitate re-engagement efforts for existing providers and partner with physician organizations (facilities, professional societies, and conferences) to recruit and hire into the network. Regional travel will be required.
The second component of the role is around physician engagement and support. This part of the role is responsible for demonstrating and educating system function, such as basic 1:1 training support, password resets, increasing provider engagement on the platform, supporting and tracking licensing efforts, responding to bedside manner inquiries, sending communications and updates and other duties as assigned to ensure provider satisfaction and engagement within the network.
- Recruit, retain, re-engage and hire physicians as defined and specified.
- Perform as conduit between hiring practices and candidates throughout the recruitment process including timely screening of applicants and verifying applicants meet minimum requirements.
- Maintain and manage outstanding communication to assure candidates are not lost.
- Establish a rapport with the job candidate.
- Perform frequent provider outreach to establish, maintain consistent and strong relationships.
- Ensure development of robust physician network based upon annual consult forecasts.
- Identify trends and target goals in volume demands and initiate provider engagement outreach campaigns to promote provider incentives.
- Monitor provider network metrics including engagement, network adherence, average response time and consultation methods.
- Administer and review provider survey service to improve member satisfaction.
- Assist one-on-one provider navigation coaching of system function improving the understanding of the system and providing system performance feedback.
- Assist with provider consultation experience and troubleshooting system escalations.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and modify provider orientation and trainings for continuous quality, performance, and productivity improvement.
- Assures that network providers maintain appropriate access to the systems and tools necessary to perform consultations and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with employees and employers to ensure the needs of both are met.
- Provide information to the department associated with new processes.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Participate in all designated meetings as scheduled.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred
- In general, the individual must have at least 5 years of experience in the industry or a related industry
- 2-4 years’ experience working directly with physicians
- Bilingual in French is a plus
- Sales experience is a plus
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.