(This is a 100% remote position - the full flexibility to work from home in Canada!)
As the world leader in virtual care, Teladoc Health is passionate about taking care of people. We have been providing care in Canada for over two decades to more than 9 million Canadians and 85,000 plan sponsors. We deliver care across 175 countries (over 51 million members globally), living our mission to empower all people to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience. Levering digital technology, we provide whole-person care that spans every stage in a person’s health journey from wellness and prevention to acute care to complex healthcare needs. Our Canadian team has doubled in size over the last two years, and our growth is expected to rapidly continue as we transcend the landscape of future healthcare.
The Expert Physician Advocate is an integral part of the team that facilitates delivery of expert medical services to Teladoc Health Members. The Physician Advocate is responsible for physician recruitment, engagement, selection, solicitation, and case matching.
Responsibilities include ensuring clinical quality and the highest level of member and expert satisfaction.
- Recruit, engage and onboard new experts to perform consultation services
- Manage expert relationships and communications, support maintenance of physician contracts, and other relevant documentation or research
- Collaborate with medical staff regarding selection of appropriate specialists using Teladoc’s proprietary database
- Ensure accurate and timely support and coverage for expert inquiries
- Escalate questions/concerns regarding cases to Operations Leaders and Medical Director
- Conduct case quality review to assure clear and thorough clinical documentation of all case relevant information
- Facilitate case movement through the expert stage according to the outlined processes
- Complete daily review of cases to ensure timely receipt of the expert report
- Contact Experts by phone/email regarding the status of overdue reports
- Provide support and guidance to Experts, including case consultation platform troubleshooting
- Ensure all casework is documented clearly and timely ensuring transparency across departments
- Support ongoing system accuracy for new and updated expert information
- Support special projects and activities as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with 5+ years’ experience, and in good standing with governing College
- Bilingual English/French is an asset
- Effective team player able to work independently and as part of a high performing team
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written channels; telephone, email, and chat
- Exemplifies professional interpersonal skills with physicians and colleagues in varying global geographies
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Outstanding customer service and de-escalation skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule with evening commitments
- Demonstrated Proficiency using technology and software programs including but not limited to Word, Outlook, Excel, SalesForce and internet search
- High resourcefulness skill
- Strong trouble-shooting and decision making ability
- Strong advocacy
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.