(This is a 100% remote position - the full flexibility to work from home in Canada!)
As the world leader in virtual care, Teladoc Health is passionate about taking care of people. We have been providing care in Canada for over two decades to more than 9 million Canadians and 85,000 plan sponsors. We deliver care across 175 countries (over 51 million members globally), living our mission to empower all people to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience. Levering digital technology, we provide whole-person care that spans every stage in a person’s health journey from wellness and prevention to acute care to complex healthcare needs. Our Canadian team has doubled in size over the last two years, and our growth is expected to rapidly continue as we transcend the landscape of future
The Deputy Medical Director will be responsible for supporting the Medical Director in providing medical leadership and guidance and ensuring the overall clinical framework is compliant. This position oversees and supports the growing team of physicians in the clinical network.
- Accomplishment of the Company’s annual business objectives.
- Help to definition and execution of the company’s Business and Strategic short, medium- and long-term plan for the country, as well as the annual budget.
- Provides clinical oversight of medical cases for the country
- Assists with training and supporting physicians within clinical provider network
- Supports physicians with cases as required
- Conducts audits of cases and reports for clinical excellence
- Ensures clinical governance standards are maintained
- Provides medical advice and feedback during development of medical programs / services
- Support in the development of new projects
- Establish a relationship with the country's hospitals and clinics
- Participates in client presentations and sales meetings as required
- Support the corporate financing activities of the company
- Engages in clinical quality discussions with physicians
- Establish and supervise quality control policies and standards
- Management and development of the company’s medical team according to activity growth
- Engages with recruitment as required
- Assist to refine and improve internal processes
- Consolidation of operational protocols for medical acts offered or arranged by the company for patients treated through digital means
- Collaborates and consults with other National Medical Directors within Teladoc Health
- Member of the International Medical Committee
- Participates in all kind of international initiatives: medical education, safety and quality, accreditation of medical experts, recruitment and onboarding of doctors, etc.
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery or equivalent
- Current and unrestricted registration as a Medical Practitioner in Canada
- Experience leading medical teams
- Health insurance expertise
- Interested in establishing relationships with the public hospital sector
- Strengthen expertise in the digital health sector
- Telehealth experience is advantageous
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.