(This is a 100% remote position - the full flexibility to work from home!)
As the world leader in virtual care, Teladoc Health is passionate about taking care of people. We have been providing care in Canada for over two decades to more than 9 million Canadians and 85,000 plan sponsors. We deliver care across 175 countries (over 51 million members globally), living our mission to empower all people to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience. Levering digital technology, we provide whole-person care that spans every stage in a person’s health journey from wellness and prevention to acute care to complex healthcare needs. Our Canadian team has doubled in size over the last two years, and our growth is expected to rapidly continue as we transcend the landscape of future healthcare.
The Virtual Staff Physician (part time permanent – up to 20 hours per week) will be responsible for providing best in class virtual patient care for Teladoc Health (TH) members utilizing the full breadth of TH telemedicine services. The Virtual Staff Physician will care for the member directly through scheduled and on demand visits utilizing video or phone capabilities. The physician may also serve as a representative of clinical services to internal stake holders and serve as a mentor/support to TH contracted physicians. This unique opportunity will contribute to shaping the evolution of virtual care in Canada as an industry standard. We are hiring for full time permanent Virtual Staff Physicians as well.
- Provide virtual medical services to TH members on all lines of businesses within TH
- Become familiar with the full range of TH services including medical second opinion, treatment decision support, mental health, teleconsultations, chronic disease management and other offerings
- The main initial focus is expected to be the medical second opinion service (expert medical services)
- Consistently meet or exceed clinical quality and patient care standards, including adhering to all department policies, procedures, and objectives
- Commitment to clinical, operational and service quality and to cultural safety (incl. indigenous health)
- Commitment to continuous professional development, including learning how to provide evidence-based support to patients about lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issues they are experiencing
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal, provincial and territorial health information privacy laws. Maintain complete, timely and legible medical records
- Work closely at times with Teladoc’s operation team to ensure network needs are fulfilled. Willingness to service members requiring prioritization as identified by Teladoc’s operations team
- Perform other related duties as assigned, within your scope of practice
- Provide care via both video and phone interactions. Willingness to support provider platform video calls as a priority (minimum 25% video requirement)
- Provide picture and professional profile for posting on platform
- Work with TH Credentialing Department to become licensed in additional provinces
- Schedule work based on shift coverage; available for some on-call care during off-hours
- Support Medical Director and product team in development of new products and services, as needed
- An active Canadian MD license and in good standing with a provincial medical regulatory body
- Must have a board certification under RCPSC, CFPC or CMQ
- Passionate regarding the delivery of high-quality medical care
- History of strong clinical performance
- Willingness to serve as an ambassador regarding the clinical importance of virtual care
- Proficiency with Electronic Medical Records and computer-based applications
- Ability to build relationships across departments
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.