We are looking for someone to join the HRIS team at Teladoc as a Sr. Workday Analyst, Payroll. The Payroll Workday Analyst role serves as System Administrator and SME supporting the Workday Payroll system and the payroll processing team (U.S. and Canada). This position will support the maintenance and optimization of the payroll systems ecosystem and business processes. Responsibilities include participating in the research, development, documentation, and refinement of payroll business processes. Responsible for payroll system configuration, ensuring data integrity through audits and report writing. Supports bi-weekly and semi-monthly production payroll and triage/mitigate any system/integration issues impacting payroll processing and liaison with internal stakeholders and vendor support, if necessary. Works with Payroll team to drive business process improvements in efficiency and quality within Payroll, Compliance, Onboarding, Operations, and Benefits teams. This position leverages knowledge of industry best practices to document and maintain proper segregation of controls to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). Key contributor on special projects.
- Maintain and enhance Workday Payroll configuration, including creation of pay components and calculations as needed.
- Work cross functionally with Workday HCM SMEs to ensure payroll impacts of all other system changes are accounted for and tested.
- Work with the Finance team as necessary to ensure payroll configuration changes are reflected on the Finance side.
- Perform year end/year start system activities including W2 configuration/troubleshooting, updating tax rates etc.
- Execute mass data loads using EIBs.
- Build and modify custom reports.
- Support Workday releases, including impact analysis and regression testing.
- Create and maintain payroll test plans, coordinate and conduct user acceptance and functional regression testing of new and enhanced Payroll system functionality and reporting tools.
- Support Payroll System Upgrades UAT and optional features review with stakeholders.
- Conducting business process re-engineering to identify opportunities for improvement and making appropriate recommendations; ensuring processes are optimally aligned and that they follow industry standards.
- Support user training and assist in the creation of documentation pertaining to Payroll Systems and business processes.
- Create functional process documentation (internal and external).
- Support process to align Payroll Systems configuration with the IT infrastructure, data mapping and integration in accordance with IT change control, information security and compliance standard operating procedures.
- Identify areas for process or system improvements.
- Three or more years of demonstrated expert-level proficiency in Workday Payroll and Time Tracking. Workday certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Human Resources or Business plus 5+ years of payroll experience inclusive of analysis, reporting, process improvement/project initiative work.
- A business driver and a creative/strategic thinker with strong analytical, financial and system skills required.
- Proactive, exhibit continuous improvement and an ability to affect change.
- Well-organized, extreme attention to detail and a self-directed individual.
- Experience working at a high level of professionalism where you are able communicate, both oral and written, with various level of management.
- You have the ability organize, coordinate projects, manage a large amount of detailed tasks while taking initiative managing multiple projects to timely completion.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment with a strong customer-focus.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to synthesize complex and diverse information.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.