This incredible opportunity is the Chief Operating Officer (COO) for Teladoc Health reporting to Jason Gorevic, Chief Executive Officer. The COO will partner with the CEO to form a next generation virtual care company and take a portfolio of strategic building blocks and translate them in plans to disrupt an industry. The right candidate will be able to redefine and evolve the operating model to break from current practices and enable the company to scale across sectors and geographies.
As part of this pioneering mindset there is an operational component and this role will be responsible for the leadership, management, and vision to ensure we have the proper infrastructure, systems, and teams to effectively grow the commercial business and deliver on the strategic objectives. The COO will play a critical role in refining, designing, and integrating global sales and market entry strategies in alignment with our long range plan.
We have a collaborative, non-political culture. As such, the COO accomplishes this transformation through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, guided by the company's values. S/he will effectively communicate and foster collaboration among the executive team and all employees and be a role model for future senior leaders. This is a vital leadership role that will drive results and accelerate growth and scale – with a genuine leadership style that will unify, galvanize, and inspire the company.
The COO will be a visible and influential figure in the company and be viewed as seasoned leader. S/he will specifically establish the ethos for sales and operations globally and rally the organization towards our long range plan.
- Scale and Growth: Drive improvement and help achieve mission by the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes to translate the strategic building blocks into strategic plans, scaling, and accelerated global expansion
- Leadership: Provide leadership and manage the operations organization:
- Shepherd a whole new way of driving the operating model and lead change management efforts to align the business leaders and set clear expectations and collaborative team dynamics
- Provide management to a senior leadership team in both the commercial area of the organization to align with the company's business and revenue plan and overall strategic vision. Serve as a culture builder and transformative leader and support initiatives that promote company culture and vision
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Foster a growth-oriented, positive and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Strategy: Work with the senior management team to help design and implement business expansion strategies that scale all parts of the global business
- Drive contingency planning, ensuring the organization can manage unexpected
- Partnerships: Forge strategic partnerships and relationships with clients, vendors, banks, investors, and all other professional business relationships in order to promote the company growth plan
- Operations: Work closely with colleagues across the organization to create, implement, and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems, and company policies, all designed to foster growth, profitably and efficiencies within the company
- Results: Drives company results from both an operational and financial perspective working closely with the CEO, CFO, and other key executive team members to create, grow, and build a world-class, industry-leading organization
- Financial: Partner with the CFO to achieve favorable financial results concerning sales, partnerships, profitability, cash flow, mergers and acquisitions, systems, reporting, and controls
- Work with the CEO and CFO to engage the analysts and meet, interact and present information effectively to shareholders and investors
- Work with other executives on budgeting, forecasting, and resource allocation programs and sets challenging and realistic goals for growth, performance, and profitability, which will ensure a long-range strategy to maintain financial health and create sustainability in a time of change and scaling
- Efficiency: Create practical measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external processes and provide accurate and timely reports outlining the operational condition of the company
Board Involvement: Engage directly with the Board of Directors to ensure operational transparency and to communicate critical organizational goals, priorities, and OKRs
The Chief Operations Officer will be a proven, seasoned executive with experience leading a high-performing global team, ideally in multinational, high-growth company. The successful candidate will bring strategic vision and best practices to guide the organization, coupled with a hands-on and tactical approach to enable effective implementation. When addressing business scenarios, the individual will demonstrate strong business judgment applied to routine and complex issues and a healthy dose of professional curiosity.
From a stylistic perspective, in addition to being technically proficient and operationally oriented, the COO will be passionate about bettering lives. The successful candidate will be engaging, polished, and articulate, with a track record of successfully scaling teams and reengineering processes to enable rapid growth. S/he will also be a high-integrity, low-ego, collaborative, and "no-nonsense" senior executive who will be focused on driving results and serving as a true business partner to the CEO. Additionally, s/he will be adept at managing a geographically disparate workforce. Critically, s/he will embody the values of the company and its team of professionals. Those values include:
- Passionate about taking care of people
- Committed to unsurpassed quality
- Keep our promises
- Strive to create value
- Stand up for what's right
- Lead with integrity, accountability, and transparency
- Respect each other and value succeeding together
- A successful track record of mentoring and leading top-performing teams in large, multinational organizations. Specifically, s/he will have experience developing high potential, up and coming leaders to their full ability, thus building a solid bench of talent for future leadership needs
- 20 or more years of combined executive experience and progressive leadership roles for a global, public company
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Creating insight and solutions that add value to the senior management team beyond operations and understand business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning, business development, and experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Exceptional data analysis and performance/operation metrics coupled with proficiency in IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Budgeting and/or financially focused mindset with extensive P&L experience
- Strong understanding of the mechanics of the mergers and acquisitions process, including valuation, due diligence, and post-merger integration
- Strong people management skills, reputation as a highly motivated leader, and track record of recruiting and developing strong talent who have grown into senior roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience preparing materials for earnings releases and board meetings
- Personal presence, gravitas, excellent interpersonal skills, and the cultural sensitivity to work with a diverse, international team; effective and experienced in communication at Executive leadership and Board levels
- Superior intellect with the ability to think critically and make clear and well-reasoned decisions complemented by a sense of passion about the role, company, potential for growth, and most importantly, the people
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.