Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
The Physician Licensing Coordinator will play a critical role in the Provider Operations department. Specifically, the Licensing Coordinator will perform various functions related to the practitioner/provider licensing process – from initial applications to annual/bi-annual renewals. The Licensing Coordinator will also manage many day-to-day procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations as well as internal policies and guidelines. This position plays a vital role in the accuracy of multiple databases and daily operations of the Provider Operations department.
- Oversight of licensing application process for MD’s/DO’s to meet aggressive internal deadlines
- Collect, organize, track, and manage items requested by state boards, for multiple providers. Including, but not limited to, fingerprint cards/background checks, Jurisprudence exams, CE Courses, peer references, transcripts, supervision request, license verifications, employment affiliations, notarized forms, photos, Board certification, etc.
- Perform follow-up calls with various state licensing Boards to obtain application status
- Scanning, faxing, mailing, and populating multiple forms and documents
- Manage data entry and status monitoring of pending, new, and expired licenses in credentialing software
- Track and process all staff practitioner license renewals monthly while updating system accordingly
- Build and maintain business relationships with providers who are engaged in the licensing process
- Build and maintain business relationships with the licensing contacts at each state medical board
- Assist Provider Operations team with weekly licensure audits to ensure accuracy
- Develop a system for managing state-by-state continuing education requirements and ensuring practitioner compliance
- Research state licensing requirements, as needed
- Manage and track licensing invoices, vouchers, and check requests
- Assist Credentialing, Physician Recruitment and Provider Relations with other functions, as needed
- Support special projects as needed
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and effectively communicate to all levels of constituents, including prospects, members, providers, team members and senior management
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful
- Ability to adapt to change quickly while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Must be extremely detail oriented, analytical, and organized
- Strong skills in Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Office 365
- Basic understanding of training environments and e-learning modules
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- A minimum of 4 years customer service experience; or a high school diploma (or equivalent) with minimum 6 years customer service experience, required
- 6 – 12 months credentialing or license related experience preferred
- Basic understanding of state licensing Boards
- 1-3 years’ experience supporting physicians administratively, preferred
- Ability to work remotely
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.