Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
Come work for a data-driven innovator that’s transforming the healthcare industry. In your role as a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for delivering data-driven insights and innovative analytical solutions that make quality of healthcare more accessible and affordable. You will have the opportunity to leverage the rich data at Teladoc Health and your data science skills to solve a diverse set of business problems, ranging from customer acquisition and engagement, to demand forecasting, scheduling and clinical outcome analysis. You will collaborate closely with engineers, product managers, fellow data scientists and business stakeholders on deliverables impacting millions of members and the growth of our business.
The ideal candidate will have solid background in statistical modeling and machine learning techniques (with a heavy emphasis on knowing what statistical methods to use when in healthcare data), outstanding business acumen, intense curiosity, and superior written and verbal communication skills, and ability to tell a story visually in a simple way from complex analysis. She/he will have a strong bias toward data visualizations that support data-driven decision making. She/he will be a self-starter, life-long learner, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big while paying attention to detail, and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
This high-profile, high-impact opportunity on the Data Science team has huge advancement potential, as well as the opportunity to leverage data in ways that truly make a difference in people’s lives.
- Work closely with internal and external domain experts to perform thoughtful statistical analysis and distill key insights to improve the health outcomes of the growing member base
- Follow a model development process within a continuous quality improvement (CQI) process; making the next insight quicker to find, more accurate and useful, and easier to deploy into action
- Support analysis, modeling, and experimentation for mission-critical functions within the clinical quality team driving improved care delivery and healthier outcomes for members
- Generate effective visualizations and data presentations to aid in conveying the key insights identified for clinical intervention to the end-user, which is often a physician, nurse, or pharmacist
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders, solve problems they face and help decision- makers on the team form educated, practical strategies and recommendations
- Proactively discover important trends in key metrics impacting our business and drive meaningful actions
- Support an equitable and inclusive model development process that is transparent to data limitations/data lineage
- 2+ years’ experience in Data Science, Healthcare Data Analytics, Medical Information Systems or a related field
- Strong SQL skills, ability to code in and analyze data with R or Python
- Strong data visualization / data storytelling abilities (mostly in Tableau)
- Firm understanding of statistical and machine learning concepts, experience with experimentation
- Strong critical thinking and active listening skills to infer business needs, grasp underlying context, and translate loose direction on analytical projects
- Capable of translating machine learning or mathematical models into interpretable, actionable insights – you can tell the story that data has shown you so that our business partners can put it to good use
- A strong grasp of both the great value and limitations of data analytics and modelling in a clinical application
- The flexibility to respond to changing priorities and business environments (i.e., extreme agile methodology)
- Creatively helping to solve challenges in data analysis and modeling (e.g., versioning of values sets and algorithms)
- A Bachelor’s degree in statistics, epidemiology/biostatistics, computer science, information systems, applied mathematics, engineering or a related field
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Worked with clinically relevant ontologies (e.g., IDC10, RXNorm, SNOMED Codes, CPT, etc.) and supporting social determinants of health data (e.g., data.gov, census, etc.)
- Experience creating data visualizations with ggplot, Matplotlib, or Tableau
- High level of comfort with statistical analysis (cohort comparisons, linear regressions, clinical risk adjustments, propensity scoring, etc.) and research techniques
- A Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Statistics, Computer Science or related field preferred
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.